Android 4.0.4 is rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S II in some territories
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2012, 12:05 posted on
As some people will recall, the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy S II was based on Android 4.0.3, however, this new one bound for the international version is sporting a slightly newer 4.0.4 firmware. From the sound of it all, the 4.0.4 firmware...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iWorld (Posts: 84; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
What a crap? My friend updated from GB to ICS official update and only one thing he found updated i.e firmware version(4.0) LOL... Rather i preferred installing a Custom ROM & I can really taste the flavor of ice cream sandwich.
2. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 625; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
y ICS .......... y not JB .............. plz Samy
3. iWorld (Posts: 84; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
y JB..............y not ICS...............thanks Sammy
4. infernal88 (Posts: 112; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
cuz google didnt release the JB source code for OEMs just yet ...they update nexus series first to giving it a lil advantage over other handsets ...and after a while they release the source .... even then the OEMs will need some more time to modify it ...to add all their enhancements ,launchers .. and stupid bloatware
7. DePenguin (Posts: 22; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
No offense but you sound quite pathetic. It doesn't take much effort to type everything out.
This is meant to be a reply to Wiki_jaan
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2801; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I'm afraid he has the Captain Kirk syndrome.
5. Gemmol (Posts: 309; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Wheres my Galaxy Note ICS for AT&T.....smh....well its not really needed since the phone use tablet and phone apps already but it be nice to see the other features everyone so happy about
6. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 228; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
screw samsung arabia, we still did not receive ICS! but the note received that anyway
13. asalah0923 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
try updating through odin , and use any keyboard app for arabic typing .. we 'll not have an official update I guess :( , yeah screw samsung arabia and screw middle east , we don't recive updates , we are one year late I guess :( .. egypt now is 2.3.5 !!! ****tt
anyways 4.0.3 is way better than GB , been using it for a couple of moths now .
14. infernal88 (Posts: 112; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
there is already arabic ROMS ... Iraq and UAE...he should search in firmware section at sammobile
8. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
u haven't received your ics update for sgs2??
16. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
yes simply flash the offical stock firmware through odin...iT'S SAFE..NO YELLOW TRIANGLE OR BINARY COUNT.
9. pistolashtc (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
I'm happy with a Galaxy SIII ROM on my Galaxy SII, wich actually is based on ICS 4.0.3.
15. Riven (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I Heart me some XDA ...Sprint SG2 running Calkulin's 4.04 iCS ROM is sweet