Android 4.0 ICS update for the Samsung Galaxy Note gets the green light in the UK
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 11:40 posted on
From the sound of it all, the software is being made available as an over-the-air update and through the Samsung KIES desktop software. Of course, UK Samsung Galaxy Note owners should be seeing a notification hitting their smartphone, but if not, you can always...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
The U.S. has still yet to see the Galaxy S II ICS update. I'm just using a launcher now, lol.
Come on, I want Chrome Beta!!
4. Xperia42 (Posts: 60; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Then put a rom on your phone then if you can't wait for pics and download a ics rom
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Most ROM's don't support Chrome Beta and I don't want to have to put stock Gingerbread back on my phone for the official update.
11. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 May 2012)
And void my $600 phones warranty? Don't f**king think so
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I strongly suspect that once again the carriers are to blame for the slow pace of updates here in the US. Hate to say it, but the manufacturers need to take a cue from Apple and just tell the carriers straight up that they need to be able to push updates out faster, and that they won't put out phones for the carriers unless the carriers agree to help cut down update time and not try to control the phones as much.
6. imkyle (Posts: 981; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I heard that carriers are begging Google to slow down the rate of major updates to their operating system. They said that only 4.9% of devices have ICS.
5. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I wonder if they fixed the hard brick bug from the faulty emmc firmware yet? Just don't do a factory reset on ICS.
7. k1ng617 (Posts: 242; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Honestly, that is HUGE! That emmc brick bug ruined ROM flashing for me. I really hope they smarten up and eliminate that forever.
8. yassar1290 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Updated my galaxy note last night, the whole os is quicker than before and a few of the interface changes make the galaxy note best phone on the market...sgs3 is smaller...the bigger the better
10. abbeylima (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
just tried the OTA update and nothing there. Open Kies and upgraded the version and Firmware update screen popped up. Can't complete the ICS upgrade for the minute as the system is telling me my battery is too low.
It's here and now in the UK.
BTW i'm on vodafone
12. tjonesesq (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Well i manage to do the update yesterday and now since i have switched my note on this morning it just keeps rebooting after the Samsung logo. Hard reset applied and still reboot. Pretty peeved now