Android 2.4 coming in April as an update to Gingerbread, not as Ice Cream Sandwich
0. phoneArena 09 Feb 2011, 13:00 posted on
Now seen as an upgrade to Gingerbread, Android 2.4 is now expected not to be a separate major new Android build named "Ice Cream Sandwich; Android 2.4 will be on the ViewSonic ViewPad 4 which is set for an April release...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jodeci888 (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2009)
I'm still waiting for Gingerbeard for my X
2. wildfire (unregistered)
I already have Gingerbread on my HTC Incredible- you're going to love it.
3. bonehead189 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
I can't wait for the Droid Bionic to be released, hopefully with 2.3 Gingerbread if not 2.4 Icecream. Btw, what is up with the OS version names? Eclair, gingerbread, icecream, honeycomb? What's next, lasagna, orange chicken?
11. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it's the letters of the Alphabet depicting where the OS is in growth.
and so on.
4. tragichero (Posts: 163; Member since: 07 Jan 2011)
view sonic pocket lint in my honeycomb gingerbread froyo eclair ice cream sandwich. i want my money back.... 5 dollars? get outta here....
5. ribbonsalmark (Posts: 84; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
And I just cant wait to get gingerbeard on my X10...... Oh wait SE doesnt support that. XDA here i come.
6. applesauce (unregistered)
bonehead, they're all dessert names in alphabetical order: donut, eclair, Frozen Yogurt, Gingerbread, etc
7. applesauce (unregistered)
anyone think that J will be something like Jelly Dougnut or Jelly Bean? can't think of any desserts with a J name........... jelly, jam.... yeah that's it
8. tragichero (Posts: 163; Member since: 07 Jan 2011)
so your saying that Jello-Pudding is next? Hopefully they can get ghost dad to advertise...
9. wildfire (unregistered)
Applesauce, Google calls their operating system after "tasty treats"- cupcake, donut, Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread. I think you are right that J will be Jelly Donut. I think that Jello or Jello pudding would have issues with copyright.
10. tragichero (Posts: 163; Member since: 07 Jan 2011)
not if they got bill cosby to approve...
12. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i wonder why they name the os's after dessert items.
13. Nine1Sickness (Posts: 36; Member since: 30 Jan 2011)
What is the point of announcing a new os releasing in spring when most current devices won't even get it.
14. ore (unregistered)
damn!even g2 geting the gingerbread!why does samsung galaxy 5 doesnt get at least froyo update.. man im so jealous
15. rghoff (unregistered)
i love people with cheap phones complain about not gettin new os's get a better phone one the companys care about and youll get them