Android 2.2 news for the Samsung Captivate, Samsung Epic 4G and the HTC Aria
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Feb 2011, 20:42
Owners of the Samsung Captivate can grab an update right now to Android 2.2 but it must be done using the Samsung Kies software and a PC; owners of the Samsung Epic 4G are having enough of a problem with the upgrade that Samsung/Sprint have halted it for the time being...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DJLegacy2k5 posted on 24 Feb 2011, 21:44 0 0
Both of my Samsung Epic 4Gs are updated, one I did OTA and one I did manually for my GF. Both work perfectly, but the battery seems to drain a little bit faster, other than that, no problems have been seen.
2. Naffy (unregistered) posted on 25 Feb 2011, 17:29 1 0
Damn, my upgrade anniversary is just a couple of days away, and they pull the update again. I wonder how long it will take to fix the "bugs" this time? Somebody just give me a phone with a keyboard, flash capability, and a front facing camera please. Forget 4G, thats not in my area anyway.
3. nola7820 posted on 26 Feb 2011, 12:27 0 0
I totally agree. I am already mad that I have to pay an extra $10 a month for a service that I can't use...but that's Sprint's fault, not Samsungs...
4. ezosr09 (unregistered) posted on 26 Feb 2011, 12:50 0 0
I got the 2.2 update for my Epic by OTA update and have had no problems wit it. Since getting the update my phone runs better then before and my battery actually seems to last longer.
5. DragonicNIght (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 11:45 0 0
I just want a 2.2 for my fascinate it irritates be that it keeps getting pushed back -.- /cry
6. hoe,moe (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 15:14 0 0
no froyo im gay so is my epic and sprint . grrr
7. vovasavenko (unregistered) posted on 01 Mar 2011, 14:54 0 0
I got Froyo on my Epic by on line update at February,23. It's o'key.
8. nola7820 posted on 04 Mar 2011, 14:38 0 0
I have a question....could it be that the people having issues with the Froyo update are the same people who rooted their Epics and updated it early with the leaked software and then when the "Official" OTA update came out, their phones didn't work???????????????????
9. Jessica (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 09:34 0 0
I just want to know when/if Sprint plans to release the update to the rest of us who did not get it OTA. This is beyond ridiculous at this point that we had to wait as long as we did for the update then they just cut it off without giving it to everyone, with no information about whether they would make it available at a later time or not.
10. nola7820 posted on 18 Mar 2011, 13:03 0 0
From what I am hearing now...the OTA update will be pushed out on 3/21 and roll out ove a 4 day period. Nothing has been officially said as of yet, though, and knowing what we went through before, I won't hold my breath....