Android 2.2 Froyo update is finally available for the Motorola MILESTONE
All of the Motorola DROID owners on Verizon have been experiencing all of Froyo’s goodness for some time now, but after a lengthy wait time, its close relative in the Motorola MILESTONE is finally getting the opportunity in taking part with all of the festivities as well. In fact, MILESTONE owners can simply download the update directly form Motorola’s support site – but it's worth noting that you'll need to be in one of the supported areas.
Obviously, the update brings forth some new enhancements and features, like its faster just-in-time compiler, that should nonetheless appease owners for a bit.
source: Motorola via Mobileburn & Eurodroid
1. Motosurf (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 12:09 0 0
I wonder if Milestone2 is goign to have 2.3
2. roadrunner (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 12:25 0 0
Finallyyyyyyyyy I´m going to try it tell you later how it go.
3. Sniggly posted on 15 Mar 2011, 13:06 1 0
Who says that Motorola leaves all of its older users in the dust? :)
12. mariu$ (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 08:54 0 0
what about the rest of their phones?
you buy one of their phones, get fooled by either the problems in hardware or no updates at all, doesnt matter if they promised
i had 2 motorola fans and im done with this cunts
4. roadrunner34 (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 13:50 0 0
I try to download the update and it doesn´t work.I have a Motorola milestone A853 made in Brasil.(I didn´t have a choice that´s the one I fund in my country Costa Rica)
Witch countries are getting the update first???
I tired of this phone I can´t make a call without getting the reboot issue,if I knew that this phone had this problem I wouldn´t both it.
I try several Roms and the booting issue persist.
5. Sniggly posted on 15 Mar 2011, 14:06 0 0
Sounds like you have a knockoff or you have been messing with the software too much.
6. roadrunner34 (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 14:15 0 0
I don´t have a knockoff is an original Motorola,and I know that is a common issue with this phone.
7. Sniggly posted on 15 Mar 2011, 15:40 0 0
A common issue with the Droid is that it can't even make a call without rebooting? Stop it, you're killing me here.
9. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 15 Mar 2011, 18:39 0 0
truth hurts, doesnt it?
typical motorola garbage.
10. Sniggly posted on 15 Mar 2011, 19:31 0 0
I'm typing on "typical motorola garbage" right now, without any issues.
13. derp (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 10:34 0 0
damn, it sucks to be you!
8. Roadrunner34 (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 16:27 0 0
Well believe or not I don´t care, what you say.
I install the 2.2.1 sbf file for Thai, and so far so good no booting issue,I installed Flash 10.1,can move app to SD (aditional program,no motorola support)but it works the only weir thing I see is that the dock is the same not the froyo dock,oh well you win some lose some,the good part also is that the 3g internet here is really bad if you get the basic but it seem that the update really help is performance is a lot faster,try it really works.
11. surfy102 (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 04:32 0 0
Thanks Phonearena! I have been watching Motorola website for the 2.2 firmware this whole month. So glad that it's finally out. Successfully upgraded today. Overall, performance is good. No reboot or problems encountered. Did a reset and start afresh.