And that's how an iPhone 5 looks like after 2 months of use
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2012, 06:27 posted on
The iPhone 5 is as sleek and beautiful as it is susceptible to dents and scratches. Even a small percentage of new units came with nicks right out of the box, which eventually led to Apple tightening up quality control measures at the iPhone 5 assembly lines. That said, can you imagine how one of them would look like after being used for a couple of months?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. tedkord (Posts: 11947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't get where people think the Lumia is a good looking phone. Its brick shaped, garish colors and a butt ugly UI. I literally find nothing appealing about it.
That said, if it were the best performer, I'd go with it. Looks are secondary. Sadly, it doesn't win here, either.
53. ReddD (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
ha ha, you post on 2 mobile sites and make the same spelling mistake on both. What's a Lumea 920?
14. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I love how Apple used Aluminium when it's clearly known as a soft metal.
15. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Thats why you need a case on every phone out there..
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3899; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess it's not the phone's fault... The earth probably mishandled the drop.
20. wendygarett (unregistered)
You got me lol :)
25. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Surely pathetic. So much for a "Premium" device. By the way I could not fathom it out, how this thing is still considered durable if just two months of use put it into such state.
45. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
the iPhone is definitely, NOT, a premium device
26. Aeires (unregistered)
The big question is what is the Ebay price difference for both?
29. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
It seems phone arena changing the definition of durability in favour of Iphone. I wonder if they would ever call an HTC, Samsung or Nokia device durable if it becomes like this after four months (not two months) of use.
36. CreeDiddy (Posts: 799; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Mine doesn't look like that. Their a such thing called a case. Anytime that you don't have a case of course phones will look like that. Doesn't matter what type of phone or build quality you have.
38. tedkord (Posts: 11947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
These pictures are meaningless without context.
We don't know what was done to this phone. Any phone can look bad if you abuse it.
47. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, that is true - with that being said - why spend 199.99 + taxes on a supposed premium device and 25 or more on a case and maybe even more on a screen protector - get a phone with gorilla glass - bye bye screen protector - get a sturdy phone and you just need a basic cover to protect from scratches.
40. aco96 (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
My 6 months old Nokia X7 is in much better shape.
50. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My 1 yr old Droid RAZR looks better than the iphone 5 pictured in the story....
42. TrainFromUkraine (Posts: 65; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Does PA always get its article "ideas" from other blogs?
54. ReddD (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
So it can survive a drop test but not living in your pocket then?
55. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
My Nokia Lumia 900 looks better, not even a single scratch ....
56. canuj1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
mine moto defy is still unscratched after 2 years ...
57. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
i buyed an iphone 5 today from a friend of mine...
and it was great.. no scratch nothing. he dint even applied bumper case.
he is a doctor. so i blame the person handling it.. coz the phone that i bought is 1 and half month old
71. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
One and half a month old Iphone 5 used without a case and no scratches or dings!!!!!!! ¿?
Man either you are not seeing clearly or the phone must have lived inside the Sponge Bob.
58. szaboagoston (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
That was expected. I just want to remind people that HTC has been swapping black One S units with very similar defects. I'm sure that was bad business, but it was a very plausible and positive move from HTC, signalling faithfulness to quality and respect for the buyers. I'm very curious to find out whether Apple is willing to do the same. An expensive phone is not supposed to look like that after two months of everyday use. Cover or no cover.
72. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Apple already addressed this issue by saying that this is "normal" for a phone with aluminium back which apple followers (as with previous flaws) happily accepted.
However they couldn't explain why Nokia N8, which also boasts an aluminium build, can't be scratched easily.
74. jsantiago272 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
This iPhone 5 crap sucks anyways. So it doesn't really matter if it easily scratches
76. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
shut up hating little muppet
your comment is as stupid as you are, go back to a life of lonely hating
86. jsantiago272 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Hating? Seems like you are the one who's "hating" by you're "hating comment" reply of my post, you fanboy!
93. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah makes sense that, seeing as your comment was the usual jump on the band wagon and try to be cool saying the ''iphones crap''
no reasons why just you been a little hater thinking your cool saying it. grow up your the only fanboy here, you probably think people like your comments it your only source of saticfaction i bet lol