And that's how an iPhone 5 looks like after 2 months of use
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:27
The iPhone 5 is as sleek and beautiful as it is susceptible to dents and scratches. Even a small percentage of new units came with nicks right out of the box, which eventually led to Apple tightening up quality control measures at the iPhone 5 assembly lines. That said, can you imagine how one of them would look like after being used for a couple of months?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. tedkord posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:00 4 4
I don't get where people think the Lumia is a good looking phone. Its brick shaped, garish colors and a butt ugly UI. I literally find nothing appealing about it.
That said, if it were the best performer, I'd go with it. Looks are secondary. Sadly, it doesn't win here, either.
53. ReddD posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:29 3 0
ha ha, you post on 2 mobile sites and make the same spelling mistake on both. What's a Lumea 920?
14. Muhannad posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:42 3 0
I love how Apple used Aluminium when it's clearly known as a soft metal.
15. djoscar4u posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:45 0 0
Thats why you need a case on every phone out there..
17. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:47 7 0
I guess it's not the phone's fault... The earth probably mishandled the drop.
25. kach22 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:04 2 0
Surely pathetic. So much for a "Premium" device. By the way I could not fathom it out, how this thing is still considered durable if just two months of use put it into such state.
45. networkdood posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:35 3 0
the iPhone is definitely, NOT, a premium device
26. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:06 0 0
The big question is what is the Ebay price difference for both?
29. kach22 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:09 1 3
It seems phone arena changing the definition of durability in favour of Iphone. I wonder if they would ever call an HTC, Samsung or Nokia device durable if it becomes like this after four months (not two months) of use.
36. CreeDiddy posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:50 0 0
Mine doesn't look like that. Their a such thing called a case. Anytime that you don't have a case of course phones will look like that. Doesn't matter what type of phone or build quality you have.
38. tedkord posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:56 4 0
These pictures are meaningless without context.
We don't know what was done to this phone. Any phone can look bad if you abuse it.
47. networkdood posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:38 0 0
Yep, that is true - with that being said - why spend 199.99 + taxes on a supposed premium device and 25 or more on a case and maybe even more on a screen protector - get a phone with gorilla glass - bye bye screen protector - get a sturdy phone and you just need a basic cover to protect from scratches.
50. networkdood posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:38 3 1
My 1 yr old Droid RAZR looks better than the iphone 5 pictured in the story....
42. TrainFromUkraine posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:18 4 0
Does PA always get its article "ideas" from other blogs?
54. ReddD posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:33 0 0
So it can survive a drop test but not living in your pocket then?
55. Credo posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:39 1 0
My Nokia Lumia 900 looks better, not even a single scratch ....
56. canuj1 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:39 0 0
mine moto defy is still unscratched after 2 years ...
57. syedzain posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:48 1 0
i buyed an iphone 5 today from a friend of mine...
and it was great.. no scratch nothing. he dint even applied bumper case.
he is a doctor. so i blame the person handling it.. coz the phone that i bought is 1 and half month old
71. kach22 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 12:16 0 0
One and half a month old Iphone 5 used without a case and no scratches or dings!!!!!!! ¿?
Man either you are not seeing clearly or the phone must have lived inside the Sponge Bob.
58. szaboagoston posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:55 0 0
That was expected. I just want to remind people that HTC has been swapping black One S units with very similar defects. I'm sure that was bad business, but it was a very plausible and positive move from HTC, signalling faithfulness to quality and respect for the buyers. I'm very curious to find out whether Apple is willing to do the same. An expensive phone is not supposed to look like that after two months of everyday use. Cover or no cover.
72. kach22 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 12:24 0 0
Apple already addressed this issue by saying that this is "normal" for a phone with aluminium back which apple followers (as with previous flaws) happily accepted.
However they couldn't explain why Nokia N8, which also boasts an aluminium build, can't be scratched easily.
74. jsantiago272 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 13:03 0 4
This iPhone 5 crap sucks anyways. So it doesn't really matter if it easily scratches
76. chaoticrazor posted on 28 Nov 2012, 13:22 0 4
shut up hating little muppet
your comment is as stupid as you are, go back to a life of lonely hating
86. jsantiago272 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 19:20 2 1
Hating? Seems like you are the one who's "hating" by you're "hating comment" reply of my post, you fanboy!
93. chaoticrazor posted on 29 Nov 2012, 06:35 0 3
yeah makes sense that, seeing as your comment was the usual jump on the band wagon and try to be cool saying the ''iphones crap''
no reasons why just you been a little hater thinking your cool saying it. grow up your the only fanboy here, you probably think people like your comments it your only source of saticfaction i bet lol
102. jstoned posted on 16 Dec 2012, 11:47 0 1
Don't trip jsantiago. This guy gayChao is just an apple following pathetic life hating I tard. His words hold no weight or value. Thats why he has more dislikes than likes.
104. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Dec 2012, 13:57 0 0
The dislikes are from pathetic fandroids like you, you existence has no meaning sad act. People like you don't deserve anything.bet you get bullied and try act hard on here
Go play with traffic,this site don't need your type
75. gallitoking posted on 28 Nov 2012, 13:11 4 1
mine looks fine and trust i had it more than 2 months.. it depends on the user,
77. ckoch125 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 15:14 1 0
That's why I got a nice speck case for mine and it still looks like the day I got it
91. flipjzn posted on 29 Nov 2012, 04:02 0 0
iPhone is expensive, so I made sure I got ishield on it first day.
I never use bumber or case and I only put the phone alone in my left pocket.
Ishield protects my phone so when a new phone comes out that I like, iOs or android, I will be able to sell my iphone 5 like brand new ;)
95. rusticguy posted on 29 Nov 2012, 14:24 0 0
Now that's what is called "Premium" aluminium replacing cheap plastics :D
96. byazatt posted on 30 Nov 2012, 04:07 0 0
I like the honesty of that Gizmodo owner..so much for galaxy s iii feels plasticky
98. jstoned posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:47 1 1
See how crappy I phones are. Keep on spendin what you spenind on trash you damn I Tards!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!!
99. chaoticrazor posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:52 0 1
unfunny and from the mind of some little kid your what? 5?
go learn respect then comment
101. jstoned posted on 16 Dec 2012, 11:20 0 1
You prolly have an I phone, huh? What r u on like your fith time finishing up waiting in line for the same trash. dust off to your gay Azz I phone u pathetic I tard.
103. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Dec 2012, 13:55 0 0
Lmao you acting like a hard man over the internet is pathetic, bet your some little kid with no mates.
I don't have an iPhone btw shows how simple minded you are Muppet.go ask mummy to help you type next time little boy
100. shayanaijaz posted on 15 Dec 2012, 18:44 1 0
If you carelessly use any product it will naturally get bad after time passes, you have to care for things, using any other high end phone carelessly for two months can produce the same results.