And here's a quad-core, 5.3-inch Android smartphone for only $160
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2013, 09:01 posted on
Ever heard of Neo? Neither have we, but apparently, the company's popularity is growing in its homeland market – China. It makes affordable Android smartphones that seem quite good on paper. Perhaps even too good, as a matter of fact. Take a look at the Neo N003, for example: it has not been announced officially yet, but its specs and retail pricing have been leaked. The smartphone will offer a quad-core processor, 5.3-inch 720p display, 13MP main camera and a 3,000mAh battery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
A lesson for Apple! They sell crap for sky high price.
7. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
it similar to micromax a116 canvas hd............
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes but with a better camera specs. A116 is 8mp, bigger screen and bigger battery. Chinese phones will rule one day.
17. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
even samsung margin on note n sg3 prices are higher....
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's less than what apple takes a profit per phone .. and NEO still would earn something out of this ... these phones are not for people who pay for logo :)
16. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
that's less even if you compare samsung margin on note II n sg3
3. cezarepc (Posts: 626; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
No matter how bad a quad-core device is it's still a quad-core. My fiance has an Ainol Novo 7 (wouldn't blame you if you don't know it since it's a china tab) with a 1.5ghz dual-core amlogic cpu (also lesser known I know). Comes with an IPS 1280x800 screen. With CM10 on board it's smooth as it can get.
I wanna see how a quad mediatek performs and I might get one if it's sub-$150.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
MediaTek MT6589 is roughly 50% of top of the line quad cores. Cores is just a marketing gimmick like retina. Ain't going to be running a pocket hosting server after all :D
21. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
still.. I agree with you but, lots of cores are required for a heavy 3d game(IE. Anything by gameloft). I won't be hosting servers, but i would want my games to look buttery smooth on a 5.3 inch screen
6. joey18 (Posts: 561; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
this is not lesson more crap phones they sale less people have good jobs third world phones china electronics are realy bad only used one day next day trow to the gargabe
9. aayupanday (Posts: 531; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Back of the phone resembles to that of a Galaxy SIII.
12. cripton805 (Posts: 1026; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Actually. It looks identical to an over sized GS2
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
For that price, I might pick up one for my everyday use :D
14. erick01 (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Does anybody have at least a rough idea on how many cell phone brands/manufacturers are there in China?
22. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
OVER 9000(I'm serious)
but that does include "Qing's cellphones(Hosted and "Manyfactured" from his backyard)"
15. sprockkets (Posts: 1431; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
plenty of these phones show up on ebay, they look like Samsung galaxy clones, are super cheap and usually have crappy features like a resistive touch screen.
20. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
don't kill your chickens before they hatch
24. sprockkets (Posts: 1431; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Hey if you want one go ahead. Good luck finding one with US 3G though. At least the specs aren't half bad. They have some for $350 with better specs, still no us 3g.
19. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
shut up and take my money. I thought the nexus 7 was cheap...
25. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
not only this,even micromax, Karbonn, lava,cellcon etc., all are same. they just import it from china and sell it India...Because offering a 720p Hd screen,quad-core cpu at $160-180 is impossible.
I just wonder how is the quality of screen and processor....
26. rallyguy (Posts: 587; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The R&D costs are much lower when you reverse engineer something that has already been made.
28. phros35 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
does anyone know if phones like this can be flashed to pageplus