And here is a $160 quad-core Android smartphone from ZTE
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Oct 2012, 04:44
ZTE has announced a new Android smartphone priced at only 999 yuan, which equals to about $160. That's a pretty good price considering the kind of hardware that has been tucked inside the handset: quad-core Tegra 3 processor by NVIDIA clocked at 1.3GHz, 1GB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 04:47 4
Nice stuff but nothing compares to Nexus 4, gorgeous device.
3. Beauterham posted on 30 Oct 2012, 04:48 2
that's what i was thinking too, just buy nexus 4 and you will be satisfied for ever, this thing is just good for kids.
4. darkskoliro posted on 30 Oct 2012, 04:49 6
wasn't intended to be compared to that, this is really great from ZTE providing nice specs at a very nice price.
5. phil2n posted on 30 Oct 2012, 05:11 2
Indeed it is. They are the savior of the people who cant afford expensive smartphone, Yet they provide the same experience
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 06:22 1
I agree that this ZTE device is nice, but same experience as Nexus 4?
22. bayusuputra posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:23 0
same quad core experience.. but not necessarily means Nexus experience, or flagship experience.. you know, those Tegra optimised games..
8. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 05:44 1
Can't help but laugh the Galaxy Note 2 pisses all over this ZTE bum device. Matter of fact the Nexus 4 is also useless.. GalaxyNote 2 rules all believe that..
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 06:19 1
Note 2 is nice too but still cannot compare to Nexus 4, the reason is screen, Note 2 screen has a bluish tint while Engadget says Nexus 4 screen is better than One X.
You are obviously a fan of Note 2 and there's nothing wrong, I can understand that but Nexus 4 rules.
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:05 0
I agree, this nexus 4 is going to rule with an iron fist! and with the price its going to be available for it will definitely "rule out" the competition.
17. thephonedude posted on 30 Oct 2012, 08:10 0
Dude u can't simply compare a 5.5 incher to this =.= i hate it when all these note 2 fan boys made oh-yeah-note2-always-better comments.
18. ardent1 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 08:59 0
It's $160 and it runs on android like the Nexus.
People with money to burn will buy the Nexus, but more people can afford this device.
The truth is that as android devices flood the market, it makes it difficult to spend $400 to $500 more for a top of the line device while being locked into a 2-year contract when you can buy mid-tier android devices for $150 to $170 every 6 months with each device getting better spec's, respectively.
6. itsjustJOH posted on 30 Oct 2012, 05:15 8
For $160, you get snooped by the Chinese government.
13. snowman posted on 30 Oct 2012, 06:29 1
Don't forget, the US has its "Patriot (snooping) Act" too? I wonder who else is snooping, the British for sure! The Russians and Israelis maybe also! It's a fairly global club! Open to all governments!
9. ryq24 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 05:50 1
zte like hwawei and lenovo are coming out with cheap smartphones but with great features. its only a matter of time before all three are in the top 5 mobile makers in the world.
14. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 06:35 0
haha... yeah... but actually in the philippines the like of cherry mobile (but they only re-release their new phones by other manufacturer, like karbonn or aniol of india) myphone, and starmobile...they make very very cheap phones!
19. ardent1 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 09:02 0
Just about everyone is coming out with cheap or bargain basement android devices. Samsung sells more cheap android crap than it's high end stuff.
12. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 06:26 1
WTF!!! android phones are getting cheaper!!!
oh well this is a chinese phone... it dont surprise me that much!!! oh oh my gosh... tegra 3?!
20. kindlefireowner posted on 30 Oct 2012, 09:28 0
Every ZTE smartphone released in the USA has been garbage. They even manage to mess up a windows phone recently. Don't let the specs fool you.