And here is a $160 quad-core Android smartphone from ZTE
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 04:44 posted on
ZTE has announced a new Android smartphone priced at only 999 yuan, which equals to about $160. That's a pretty good price considering the kind of hardware that has been tucked inside the handset: quad-core Tegra 3 processor by NVIDIA clocked at 1.3GHz, 1GB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
Nice stuff but nothing compares to Nexus 4, gorgeous device.
3. Beauterham (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
that's what i was thinking too, just buy nexus 4 and you will be satisfied for ever, this thing is just good for kids.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
wasn't intended to be compared to that, this is really great from ZTE providing nice specs at a very nice price.
5. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Indeed it is. They are the savior of the people who cant afford expensive smartphone, Yet they provide the same experience
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
I agree that this ZTE device is nice, but same experience as Nexus 4?
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
same quad core experience.. but not necessarily means Nexus experience, or flagship experience.. you know, those Tegra optimised games..
8. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Can't help but laugh the Galaxy Note 2 pisses all over this ZTE bum device. Matter of fact the Nexus 4 is also useless.. GalaxyNote 2 rules all believe that..
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
Note 2 is nice too but still cannot compare to Nexus 4, the reason is screen, Note 2 screen has a bluish tint while Engadget says Nexus 4 screen is better than One X.
You are obviously a fan of Note 2 and there's nothing wrong, I can understand that but Nexus 4 rules.
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I agree, this nexus 4 is going to rule with an iron fist! and with the price its going to be available for it will definitely "rule out" the competition.
17. thephonedude (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Dude u can't simply compare a 5.5 incher to this =.= i hate it when all these note 2 fan boys made oh-yeah-note2-always-better comments.
18. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's $160 and it runs on android like the Nexus.
People with money to burn will buy the Nexus, but more people can afford this device.
The truth is that as android devices flood the market, it makes it difficult to spend $400 to $500 more for a top of the line device while being locked into a 2-year contract when you can buy mid-tier android devices for $150 to $170 every 6 months with each device getting better spec's, respectively.
6. itsjustJOH (Posts: 76; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
For $160, you get snooped by the Chinese government.
13. snowman (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Don't forget, the US has its "Patriot (snooping) Act" too? I wonder who else is snooping, the British for sure! The Russians and Israelis maybe also! It's a fairly global club! Open to all governments!
9. ryq24 (Posts: 476; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
zte like hwawei and lenovo are coming out with cheap smartphones but with great features. its only a matter of time before all three are in the top 5 mobile makers in the world.
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
haha... yeah... but actually in the philippines the like of cherry mobile (but they only re-release their new phones by other manufacturer, like karbonn or aniol of india) myphone, and starmobile...they make very very cheap phones!
19. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Just about everyone is coming out with cheap or bargain basement android devices. Samsung sells more cheap android crap than it's high end stuff.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
WTF!!! android phones are getting cheaper!!!
oh well this is a chinese phone... it dont surprise me that much!!! oh oh my gosh... tegra 3?!
20. kindlefireowner (Posts: 337; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Every ZTE smartphone released in the USA has been garbage. They even manage to mess up a windows phone recently. Don't let the specs fool you.