And behold, a Jellybean statue appears at the Googleplex!
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:17
With less than 24 hours before the day 1 keynote at Google I/O, a new dessert-themed statue has appeared in Mountain View...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
68. dirtydirty00 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 10:46 0
i bet its not
26. SleepingOz posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:10 6
Oh earwax's back! What happ to your QinEmpire profile?
Get ready for some epic pwnages! =D
Say what? Fragmentation? Oh yeah; WP7, WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8...
32. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:36 3
earwax has been thumbing down.....
33. SleepingOz posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:00 3
and WP/Nokia fanboys, in denial of the fact that they're also concerned by fragmentation! HAHA, I'm loving it!
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:54 6
Tomorrow we will be able to look to the future and we will see what features next generations of iOS will be having in very, very distant future! :)
2. Malique001 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:26 16
Cant wait until i get Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Nexus!!
6. Synack posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:34 5
Me too. Which is why I bought a Nexus and not a RAZR or SGS3 or any of those other phones.
9. Non_Sequitur posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:56 3
I want to order a Nexus from Google Play now. Lol
29. TheCellX posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:13 3
Well... this is far from true. Thanks to XDA members you can have almost immediately any new android version running on a different device than Nexus or any Google branded device.
42. jan25 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 17:56 1
can't wait to receive my Nexus. this piece of news makes me even happier that i bought one :)
52. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:35 0
im enjoying mine... but the S3 is better. own both.
65. jan25 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 02:27 0
obviously yes, but to me it came down to the overall experience. i don't see the hardware upgrade making me miss out on a lot.
60. JunitoNH posted on 26 Jun 2012, 20:18 0
Yes, you will get it, but your fellow bot heads going to have to wait another twenty-four months, unless they purchase another phone. Given the fact, ICS was released in October and only about 12% of folks have it. Maybe their OTA updates are not working.
3. Auggie69 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:31 6
While this news Is great and all but how about pushing ICS to more then 5% of android devices before you start talking about its successor.
4. ilia1986 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:33 4
How bout you tell that to the carriers and the manufacturers?
Or... just install a custom rom. :)
25. iamcc posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:04 1
Yeah because Google pushes updates to phones.
Learn before you spew nonsense.
Or just shut the f**k up in general, that works just as well.
41. sgtdisturbed47 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 17:50 0
Google has nothing to do with the phones receiving the ICS update. Manufacturers first have to optimize the OS for their phones, and then the carriers push the update. Blame the manufacturers first. Although, with all of the complaints about their crap phones, I doubt they're concerned about an OS update.
5. ilia1986 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:34 2
One small step for Google, one giant leap for mankind :)
7. mas11 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:44 7
Looks good, soon Jelly Bean will come out and we'll start speculating about what new features will be in Key Lime Pie.
10. Non_Sequitur posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:57 2
I'd prefer Coconut Creme, but all is good either way.
36. whothisperson posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:48 0
why? Coconut Creme would be extremely outdated compare to Key Lime Pie
37. Commentator posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:50 0
It would be the equivalent of Cupcake, so yeah, it would be outdated.
61. mas11 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 21:47 0
8. jove39 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 13:48 1
Waiting to see what google has in store for next iteration of Android
15. CivicSi89 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:29 0
What happens when they get to "Z"? its the end of the alphabet!!! oh god!
18. ilia1986 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:40 6
Well that's in 15+ years, so..
Maybe by then iOS will finally have widgets LOL
28. cambie13 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:12 0
we will have zebra cake :D but what happens after that?
38. Commentator posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:55 0
Well, A and B haven't been used, unless you count alpha and beta, so they could go there. Then, I don't know, maybe "Cupcake 2: the Search for More Money" and so on in that fashion.
48. EclipseGSX posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:15 0
Good point, or the go double letters sooo
50. EclipseGSX posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:18 0
Gah hit the stupid back button on my mouse. So anyway double letters like Applepie Alamode
19. theBankRobber posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:42 0
Yea but that would be 24 years total if they came out with 1 update a year. I'll still be around by that time to tell my grand kids about the 1st Android phone and tablet lol
17. shadowcell posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:34 2
Anybody here glad that the rumors about it being 5.0 and tablet/netbook only were squashed?
27. greenrolaids posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:12 0
bgr will prolly cry that apple invented the jelly bean... bgr-Bulls**t Garbage Regurgitated.
39. PapaSmurf posted on 26 Jun 2012, 17:46 0
I like how all the previous statues are on he lawn.
My favorite so far have been GB and ICS.
40. gallitoking posted on 26 Jun 2012, 17:50 1
we can expect the SGS IV to have Jelly bean as they are always one Android version behind..
43. tedkord posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:02 0
Do you think we can expect the SGS4 to break the SGS3's record as the fastest selling/most preordered smartphone of all time?
49. gallitoking posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:17 1
ohh I see what you did there.. selling/preorder?.. those are two different things... the answer is simple iphone 5
54. S.E.U.L.8.T.R posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:46 1
Why u comparing a fashion phone, with the real deal phone?!
56. gallitoking posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:57 1
true i should no be comparing a plastic phone to the one made of glass..
58. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 26 Jun 2012, 19:17 0
Y u changing subject for.... S3 is a fully function high spec phone, to a Fashion phone with above standard specs.
62. gallitoking posted on 26 Jun 2012, 22:56 1
thats your opinion about the iphone being a fashion phone... no discussion there.. unless you show me facts then is just your opinion..
55. tedkord posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:49 1
The answer is a phone that doesn't exist yet? Technically, you're partially right. The iOS 6 announcement and photos of the iPhone 5 probably are contributing to the sellout status of the SGS3.
57. gallitoking posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:59 3
I think that the success of the SGSIII was mostly to the success of the SGSII, but I could be wrong
67. PhoneArenaUser posted on 27 Jun 2012, 07:08 0
There is big part of true. :)
45. InspectorGadget80 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 18:11 0
their yard is FULL OF JUNK FOOD and I'm so JEALOUS