And behold, a Jellybean statue appears at the Googleplex!
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2012, 13:17 posted on
With less than 24 hours before the day 1 keynote at Google I/O, a new dessert-themed statue has appeared in Mountain View...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. CommentBoxEnforcer (Posts: 97; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Bring on android 6.6 hot chocolate!!!!
64. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i bet the next one is android krispy kreme
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh earwax's back! What happ to your QinEmpire profile?
Get ready for some epic pwnages! =D
Say what? Fragmentation? Oh yeah; WP7, WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8...
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
earwax has been thumbing down.....
33. SleepingOz (unregistered)
and WP/Nokia fanboys, in denial of the fact that they're also concerned by fragmentation! HAHA, I'm loving it!
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5490; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Tomorrow we will be able to look to the future and we will see what features next generations of iOS will be having in very, very distant future! :)
2. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Cant wait until i get Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Nexus!!
6. Synack (Posts: 668; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Me too. Which is why I bought a Nexus and not a RAZR or SGS3 or any of those other phones.
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I want to order a Nexus from Google Play now. Lol
29. TheCellX (Posts: 49; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Well... this is far from true. Thanks to XDA members you can have almost immediately any new android version running on a different device than Nexus or any Google branded device.
42. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
can't wait to receive my Nexus. this piece of news makes me even happier that i bought one :)
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
im enjoying mine... but the S3 is better. own both.
65. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
obviously yes, but to me it came down to the overall experience. i don't see the hardware upgrade making me miss out on a lot.
47. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6674; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
they should call it JELLY BEAN NEXUS
60. JunitoNH (Posts: 956; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yes, you will get it, but your fellow bot heads going to have to wait another twenty-four months, unless they purchase another phone. Given the fact, ICS was released in October and only about 12% of folks have it. Maybe their OTA updates are not working.
3. Auggie69 (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Jul 2011)
While this news Is great and all but how about pushing ICS to more then 5% of android devices before you start talking about its successor.
4. ilia1986 (unregistered)
How bout you tell that to the carriers and the manufacturers?
Or... just install a custom rom. :)
25. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah because Google pushes updates to phones.
Learn before you spew nonsense.
Or just shut the f**k up in general, that works just as well.
41. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 179; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Google has nothing to do with the phones receiving the ICS update. Manufacturers first have to optimize the OS for their phones, and then the carriers push the update. Blame the manufacturers first. Although, with all of the complaints about their crap phones, I doubt they're concerned about an OS update.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
One small step for Google, one giant leap for mankind :)
7. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Looks good, soon Jelly Bean will come out and we'll start speculating about what new features will be in Key Lime Pie.
10. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'd prefer Coconut Creme, but all is good either way.
36. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
why? Coconut Creme would be extremely outdated compare to Key Lime Pie
37. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It would be the equivalent of Cupcake, so yeah, it would be outdated.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1316; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Waiting to see what google has in store for next iteration of Android
15. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
What happens when they get to "Z"? its the end of the alphabet!!! oh god!
18. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well that's in 15+ years, so..
Maybe by then iOS will finally have widgets LOL
28. cambie13 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
we will have zebra cake :D but what happens after that?
38. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, A and B haven't been used, unless you count alpha and beta, so they could go there. Then, I don't know, maybe "Cupcake 2: the Search for More Money" and so on in that fashion.
48. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Good point, or the go double letters sooo
50. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Gah hit the stupid back button on my mouse. So anyway double letters like Applepie Alamode
19. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Yea but that would be 24 years total if they came out with 1 update a year. I'll still be around by that time to tell my grand kids about the 1st Android phone and tablet lol
17. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Anybody here glad that the rumors about it being 5.0 and tablet/netbook only were squashed?
27. greenrolaids (Posts: 47; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
bgr will prolly cry that apple invented the jelly bean... bgr-Bulls**t Garbage Regurgitated.
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8802; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like how all the previous statues are on he lawn.
My favorite so far have been GB and ICS.
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we can expect the SGS IV to have Jelly bean as they are always one Android version behind..
43. tedkord (Posts: 5088; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Do you think we can expect the SGS4 to break the SGS3's record as the fastest selling/most preordered smartphone of all time?
49. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ohh I see what you did there.. selling/preorder?.. those are two different things... the answer is simple iphone 5
54. S.E.U.L.8.T.R (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Why u comparing a fashion phone, with the real deal phone?!
56. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true i should no be comparing a plastic phone to the one made of glass..
58. MISTER-H (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Y u changing subject for.... S3 is a fully function high spec phone, to a Fashion phone with above standard specs.
62. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats your opinion about the iphone being a fashion phone... no discussion there.. unless you show me facts then is just your opinion..
55. tedkord (Posts: 5088; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The answer is a phone that doesn't exist yet? Technically, you're partially right. The iOS 6 announcement and photos of the iPhone 5 probably are contributing to the sellout status of the SGS3.
57. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I think that the success of the SGSIII was mostly to the success of the SGSII, but I could be wrong
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6674; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
their yard is FULL OF JUNK FOOD and I'm so JEALOUS