Analysts think the iPhone 6 could be priced higher
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2013, 16:30 posted on
The rumor mill has been buzzing about the potential of a new larger iPhone on the way next year. The reports have varied, but it seems clear that Apple is at least testing various device sizes ranging from about 4.5-inches up to around 6-inches. The current thinking is that Apple may release two new iPhones next year - the iPhone 6 and the so-called iPhablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I love how Jobs criticized the EVO, Droid X, maybe even the old Win Mo HTC HD2....saying no one wants a big phone...
Now look at this....
Some things Jobs said ppl didnt want....ppl did want. Smaller tablets, bigger phones to name a few.
24. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I believe he called them "Hummer phones." Looking back on that you can either SMH or LOL.
57. t0ked (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Apple playing follower now, no longer the leader...
14. Planterz (Posts: 2103; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Of course it'll be priced higher. New and incredible innovations like a 4.5"+ screen don't come cheap, ya know!
15. promise7 (Posts: 880; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I think they'll keep the iPhone the same $199 on contract, and the bigger iPhone at $299 on contract. As for the name, that would be horrible if they called it iPhablet, I would call it iPhone Pro or something like that, like the MacBook Pro and the Mac Pro.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 21761; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
19. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I don't see how this is related to this article???
29. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
how can you even ask that? he is attacking apple. only apple fanboys are irrational. people attacking apple never go off topic or say something ridiculous. also, koreans are never racist. ever. it doesn't happen. just ask anyone who works as a foreigner in korea. only a mindless apple fan would think otherwise.
22. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Thats kinda wild since Apple products are not made in America....
American made cars were/are made in America.... Apple and their lawyers....lol.
23. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Higher price for a bigger iPhone is like saying water is wet.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 21761; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Actually water isn't wet
33. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
You don't have to be a analyst to figure that one out
35. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I think they don't charge enough as it is, it should cost more honestly.
41. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I agree. I think they should just release the iPhone 5s again next year and just call it the 6 and have it cost 100 more dollars on contract.
42. SirHamm (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
A 6 in iPhone would be the dumbest crap Apple ever has done to it's sales next to releasing the iPad mini. Imagine marketing a 6in iPhone vs an iPad mini which itself is a mere 7.9 inches the sales of the mini would canabalize like the ipod did when they released the iPhone and the iPads going to do since the mini is the better buy. Lmfao we're watching Apple destroy it's own product lines right in front of us an they wonder why their market share is falling.
45. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
yes, since test versions of devices always equal exactly what the company releases. what are you watching exactly? because i don't know about you, but for me it looks like rumors. sort of like how every company tests a bunch of devices in a variety of sizes before coming out with the final product. you know, something like an r&d lab. that might be the sort of thing a megacorporation might have. maybe?
44. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
We'll in Canada the iPhone went from 549 to 649 to 699 to 719 and people still buy it like it's the same price. Apple will increase it again for sure, in Canada at least.
That is why Apple should die, they can't even give up one mm of their profit margin for the consumers even when they hundreds of billions. Consumers do not have principles these days.
46. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Wow, They are already creating such rumors so that Apple won't be CRITICIZED when they release this phone with an unwanted higher price. Well if such a thing happens then i have to say that Apple doesn't learn from their mistakes. Look at the sales of IPhone 5C, they have been so poor that apple has introduced a minimum Rs 13500 off ( $ 200 approx.) on exchanging your old device under a buyback scheme in India.
47. Ikechukwu (Posts: 201; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Hahahaha! Priced higher? I'll tell you what, maybe the eyes of some sh**p will open after seeing the price. Just maybe
49. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow...!!! I mean what to say.... Hahaha... $1500 to $2000... :D:D:D
54. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
So many people whining about iPhones being too expensive.
It's somewhat like Toyota vs Hyundai.
A Toyota costs more than a comparable Hyundai, but in most cases, you paid less in the end considering the huge difference in residual values.
For example, a 3+ year old iPhone4 is almost on par with 1 year old Note2 in second hand market.
You get more than twice as much for iPhone5 than Note2.
58. t0ked (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Very true. I've made money buying and selling iphones. It's a great way to make money. I'll never buy and use one myself though. I get much more value and quality for my $ with android. It's similar to Bose. Their stuff always sells well and for lots of money, but ask any audiophile in the know and they'll give you a great talking to about the build and sound quality. Just not worth it. But there's always people willing to pay for it.