Analyst sees delays for Apple iPhone 5S, low cost iPhone and Apple iPad mini 2; stock plunges
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 15:02 posted on
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek says that Apple could have a couple of tough quarters coming with problems delaying production of the Apple iPhone 5S, the low cost Apple iPhone, and the next iteration of the Apple iPad mini; the analyst says that there is no chance that the Apple iPhone 6 will launch in calendar year 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
100. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
My fault got over excited when something bad happens too apple
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
275 correct price for one upon a time the most valuable company. ;)
9. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Boy how I hate to read news like this....lmfao
11. blingblingthing (Posts: 523; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Hmmm, a low budget iphone to muddy that reputation to the masses, revamped Nexus 7 expected to be announced soon, bogus patents invalidated, SGS4 coming, htc ONE, Sony Z, LG Optimus G and Nexus 4 ready and a nEW VERSION OF aNDROID about to land?
That drop is to be expected.
13. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Definitely great news for Google and maybe for Micro-Nokia too.
55. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
That stock plunged like a champ! Keep droppin like it's hot!
62. shamataa (Posts: 214; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I don't trust Analyst but stock prices speaks for itself and Apple is so done. It doesn't really matter what they do b/c it will never go back up. Even the iphone 5s/6 won't help them at all or the ipad 5/6.
76. Armor (Posts: 52; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Even Blackberry is getting ready to release the Q10, and a low budget phone to follow this year and a new 5 inch phone coming late in forth QTR of 2013. GO BBRY
81. roscuthiii (Posts: 2204; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"That last point is a bit odd since no one had expected the iPhone 6 until 2014."
That's B.S. Alan and you know it... there has been a lot of speculation and rumor going around that Apple would launch two phones this year.
90. roscuthiii (Posts: 2204; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You even referenced it in the start of the article for crying out loud! "...the low cost version of the Apple iPhone..."!
What; are you thinking Apple would make the mistake of not producing one of the most successful products in the world this year?
98. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Issues with production will majorly affect release date, especially since they need a large stock at release, although the late release might just cause people to think about other options for a possible upgrade, it very well might cause issues for Apple later on. I could be wrong completely though.
134. Aeires (unregistered)
I remember when almost every analyst was claiming AAPL would be $1000 a share at the beginning of this year. Just goes to show how off base they are.