Analyst sees delays for Apple iPhone 5S, low cost iPhone and Apple iPad mini 2; stock plunges
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 15:02 posted on
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek says that Apple could have a couple of tough quarters coming with problems delaying production of the Apple iPhone 5S, the low cost Apple iPhone, and the next iteration of the Apple iPad mini; the analyst says that there is no chance that the Apple iPhone 6 will launch in calendar year 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
37. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Yeah... I agree.
I considered making the switch to Android a few months back but decided not to because some of the negative drawbacks and quarks.
Apple has been my phone of choice since day one and they are due for a big change up. I was excited about the iPhone 5 and almost bought it when it was first released. I decided to wait because the 4" screen was a little hokey to me. I think they should have just bit the bullet and went to 4.3" and made everyone happy.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed. I don't think they really need widgets, and stuff. That's great but that's android, I think apple needs to make the iPhone larger, and do something unique to their platform. Android has a lot uniqueness to it that I love. Widgets, app drawer, etc. apple needs to get in the lab. The core functionality of the iPhone is top notch, but the UI is kinda boring now.
120. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I think the beauty of the iPhone 5 is that it does everything that the large devices do only in very small package.
127. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true. It's a very capable device, but apple needs to rock the boat a bit.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely will be the same design!
With A15 Cpu, and maybe PvrSgx554
4. ckoch125 (Posts: 192; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is one of the downfalls of only releasing 1 product a year( 1 iphone, 1 ipad except this year they did 2 ipads)
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Good news stock got lower again & now their delaying the iphone5s.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Whatup Troll? Where've you been dude?
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey dark, hows you bro?
Just came back from a 7days vacation by pa!
Im cool! Youve changed youre picture.
Who is she on the left™®
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My wife to be bro. Didn't know you got limited...it happens though, believe me I know lol.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When you getting married?
Yea i no!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
9-21-13 that's the date her mother got married. Well the 9-21 part but 30 years ago lol
26. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Wow what are the odds..... That is the same day I am tying the knot with my fiancee. Grats dark.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You gotta be kidding me bro, now that's a coincidence lol. Ditto on the grats, and good luck to you both bro. I'm nervous, but no second thoughts. She's a keeper, and I'm a lucky guy to have her. Her only complaint about me is that since I bodybuild, I eat too much lol
46. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I'm lucky to have mine as well dude. She is wonderful, so much so that I don't give her too much crap for being a loyal iPhone user lol. It does everything she wants it to so that is all that matters in the long run. Where are ya'll getting hitched? We are having ours in New Orleans. Love that city, the people, and the food!!!!
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O no she's a loyal iPhone user, o nooooooooo™
Just like my wife®
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3919; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You have a wife Troll?
You have a Troll Doll??
Wow! I thought you were still an adult kid! :D
Oh, by the way, Androiddownsouth, congrats to you too man!
65. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Thanks Nathan. We are also moving too so my biggest perk about being a rep for Verizon is going to end.....unlimited data/unlimited hotspot..... I seriously want to cry.....
Only upside to it is since she has a family plan for her and her youngest daughter, I can get on that plan and get an HTC One. I'll just have to watch my data from here on out. Sucks, but it is what it is....
69. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3919; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, that's sad!
Nothing like an unlimited freedom of data...well, that's what i feel!
Just don't forget you'll be having limited source, lol, lest you consume everything. :D
On the other hand, you'll have a new family to keep you occupied so, cheers to that life!
75. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Other problem I'll have is going back to having an AT&T phone. They screwed me over bad for a good bit of money some years back, and when you do that to me, I tend to hold a pretty serious grudge lol.
As for the overall situation, the pros definitely outweigh the cons by a long shot! And who knows. I do have a connection or two that I can use and maybe get to keep it by staying within the Verizon umbrella. I'd definitely like to get out of sales if possible though. My degree in MIS is beginning to rust!
85. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3919; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Put that degree to good use :D
I'm sure you'll find a hole you can fill, but find a big one. Haha.
Whatever it is bro, i wish all the happiness to you.
97. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nathan since when did you start to come to PhoneArena?
132. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3919; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Since 2011 i guess, i check PA for news and reviews but never cared to get myself signed up.
72. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Troll Dool, wtf that was funny©
I don't, i'm not living upto my screen name: "TROLL™"
Same to you Nathan™®©
74. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3919; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Glad i could be of some fun to you. I'm just kidding with the adult kid thingy, don't worry...i'm just messing with ya. Haha...
See you around lovers (and haters).
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hey Troll behind every good man is a great woman, and behind her is her iPhone lmao.
82. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll you better stop making fun of apples falling stock, or your wife's gonna get you lol