Analyst says the iPhone 5S (really iOS) will have a new "killer feature", we certainly hope so
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 20:11 posted on
HTC, Sony, and Samsung have all had their big reveals for new flagship devices, and Motorola/Google is still a couple months away from Google I/O and whatever announcement is made there. So, that means it's time for analysts to come back out and talk about Apple. The newest bit of "analysis" says that the iPhone 5S (but really iOS) will have a new "killer feature", which seems like a pretty obvious thing for Apple to aim at providing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
119. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Are you seriously saying trying to create a unifying brand is copying...anyone that thinks making a phone black and white was introduced by apple I cant take serioisly ...I can think of multiple devices way before apple that not only came black and white but multiple colours...if the s4 is an equivalent to a 4s upgrade than what is the iPhone 5 cause IMO the s4 has more changes than even the 5.
132. Droiddoes (unregistered)
What's it like to be as crazy as you are? Like, do you make a deliberate effort? Do you have to stay in practice? Do you even know how crazy you are?
101. ray386407 (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I meant to say don't say siri auto correct
17. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Just think about whatever the latest and greatest android feature is, and then give it a cute name. That's what the killer feature will be.
25. jcarrigan (unregistered)
you mean the latest and greatest android feature from 2010 and then give it a cute name with an "i" in front of it :)
28. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
strange, they forgot to flaunt the revolutionary iNotifications on iOS5.
26. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Remember when Apple Maps was going to revolutionize everything?
Yeah, analysts are always right.
93. taikucing (unregistered)
yep, they are anal-ysts
33. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You all have it wrong - the killer feature is iMaps finally works correctly. You heard it first on PA!
39. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
It's likely just a finger print reader to unlock the phone/sign-in integrated into the HOME button - Oh Joy.
Let's just hope whatever this 'killer feature' is it's far better (read: ready for prime time) than SIRI or Apple Maps, and comes with a nice overhaul of that tired 'iPhoneOS' errr iOS UI they've been using for some 7 years now.
40. cheetah2k (Posts: 1583; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Comes with a "killer feature"? iGun or iTaser? maybe an iLaser?
41. Aeires (unregistered)
BS article to pump up AAPL, it spiked after this was reported by Barron's. Original article has absolutely no proof, just conjecture.
43. nexusalltheway (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
too late apple..Sammy already killed pretty much everything,,oh there might be some leftovers :p
48. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
iPhone users...............Delete multiple contacts in your phone at once, oh wait you can't lol
78. darkkjedii (Posts: 21737; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsung users drive down the street while s voice highlights and reads an article that you clicked on
to you. Oh wait you can't lol
92. taikucing (unregistered)
It's easy. Just find the app like that in Google Play Store
129. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Since that's way more useful and common....why are you using your phone while driving anyway you moron.....hahah banned!
137. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Excuse me, but why even mention Samsung in this context?
projecting insecurities, perhaps?
50. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Apple did NOT invent anything. Everything they created was from another company. They just took ideas that already existed and made them into their own calming they had it first. For people to stand behind a company with that kind of reputation is beyond me....
52. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
With what has and what will come out in Android land....its gonna be really hard for Apple, iOS, the iPhone to one up.
WP has Nokia and their innovations.
Hate to say it but the iPhone, iOS really is looking stale. It still sells alot....so does it matter?
54. raihansazal (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
it may be iBluetooth(one of the most common feature in mobile phones). 50$ china phone also has it............
58. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I heard Apple Maps was a killer in Australia
66. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Lemme guess, fingerprint scanner isn't? SMH!