Analyst says larger iPhone 6 planned for June 2014
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2013, 16:00 posted on
In Apple's recent quarterly earning call, CEO Tim Cook implied that Apple wouldn't be launching any new products until this fall. That meant that analysts shifted the dates on various products. Now, we expect the iPhone 5S this fall, and one analyst thinks that Apple is still going to move to a faster release cycle, meaning the iPhone 6 would be planned for June 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Dude this is Apple.
41. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
It'll be awesome if Apple releases iPhone 6 with iWatch this October
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 14158; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple just do something man!!! At this point I'd take a two inch iphone if it looks different.
6. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I doubt it, apple either got lazy
or are counting on customers like you to buy anything they make haha
22. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Must say the "phablet" sized one looks hideous with all the icons. Just an app drawer.
29. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1685; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
aaaand that is the definition of a blind isheep
3. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
We represent Apple Inc., the internationally famous “COOL” technology company and the designer, distributor, and/or manufacturer of a broad array of trendy/cutting-edge goods and services in the technology field. Since 2013, Apple has been using the “iPhone6” trademark in connection with it’s ultra modern iPhone.
It has come to our attention that Michael H. has been using the words “Larger iPhone6” in a article on a website noted as Phonearena.com. Michael’s use of the words “Larger iPhone6 in 2014” is likely to confuse consumers into thinking that other phones have large screens and are better then our trendy iPhone.
Accordingly, Apple herby demands that you immediately cease all use of the word “iPhone6” and agree to refrain from such future uses. Apple takes protecting its coolness factor seriously and expects your prompt confirmation that you will comply with our demands as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
Leaders in innovation, Apple Inc.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 14158; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
- 10 if I could actually thumb this crap down 10 times. And you actually set here,and thought this mess up...wowwww.
9. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
With the new "larger" and "cool"iPhone6 can I get longer and more coolest 2 year warranty? Please!
4. MirOsamahAli (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I never understood the point of 'S' iPhones really, if they made a different looking iPhone in a two year gap with considerable differences I would consider maybe.
11. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 May 2012)
S stands for "Same" As in basically nothing has changed.
15. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I thought it meant 'Sucks' .... slightly less.
38. cenasucks4eva (unregistered)
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Not really understanding how a bigger phone is a trade off but when it comes to tablets, smaller is a trade off. There's plenty of devices that have proven this to be incorrect so it sounds like someone too intent on staying in a comfort zone than actually making something equivalent to the competition. In the end, Apple is becoming too predictive. They need to do something unexpected and exciting instead of overselling the same old same old.
For the actual prediction, analysts, enough said. BTW, anyone happen to know his percentage of being correct with his predictions?
14. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I would take a 10" tablet over a 5" phone anyday.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6954; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yeah right like they will be a 6" iPhone? There are lots of phones coming out this year with 6"
10. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im waiting for this one!hopefully they have to do something new with IOS also...ok apple maybe this time i will buy your iphone!
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Analysts say a lot of things..... Majority are... Well.... Not true....or in this case clearly obvious and new story from 2 months ago...
16. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
All the analysts do is speculated to keep investors interested and fans hanging on ... this time 13 months out. I wouldn't be surprised if they are paid to write them or looking out for their own self interests. ... as share holders.
SGS4 or the HTC One are here now so enjoy them, I'm actually enjoying the Ascend Mate from the sleeping giant Huawei at the moment. Try different things NOW and you will be amazed at what's out there.
17. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 387; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I've gotta say, with the current UI, an iPhone bigger than 4.5 will look ridiciously...ugly
19. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
1) People that are on the fence aren't going to wait 14 months, they will just jump ship
2) People that will wait will now have no reason to get whatever crappy incrememntal 5s comes out. Whatever phone they release next will definitely have the worst sales to date of any iphone thats come out.
39. cenasucks4eva (unregistered)
20. gigaraga (Posts: 1412; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Funny how this articles picture has an enlongated iPhone ...
21. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ridiculous apple should change it's name to Pear
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1685; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Idk if they keep getting their trash kicked like they are they might. They might actually give the user what they really want, not what Apple wants them to have *gasp*
26. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Apple in 2014, welcome to 2011!
27. BlueForce (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Lol. June 2014. Way to be 2 years late to the game Apple. I see why you can't hold customers anymore. Oh yeah, and because your OS barely changes and your hardware is outdated. Don't forget how everything is over priced.
28. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Lets use air quotes when referring to analysts from now on.
31. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Here we present the new iphone 6 with two extra rows of icons added
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok, fine! I'm disappointed, they should redesign it instead of making it larger, I hate to say this but I need to, ROTTEN APPLE IS STILL A ROTTEN APPLE!
33. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Apple is sh*tting the bed. I am soooooo happy and feel redeemed to know ihad these slacker copycats pegged
34. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
36. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
It will just be taller with the same width...
37. Trex95 (Posts: 608; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
At least apple going to optimize the apps for the bigger iphone screen unlike google can't optimize apps for 7 inch 10 inch tablet till date.
40. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
Apple again at it with the same device and new selling strategies.lol