Analyst says BlackBerry Q10 sales are strong in Canada and in the U.K
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 13:43 posted on
The QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 is off to a great start as the device has been launched in Canada and in Britain; the bullish news comes from Jefferies analyst Peter Misek who in all honesty has been as much as a cheerleader for the Canadian based OEM as other firms have been constantly bearish on sales of the new BlackBerry 10 models...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wish all the best to you, BB! Good luck! :)
5. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I hope BB come back with a strong sells from it's bb10!!!
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they are coming back strong!! its just that they really need to concentrate on market that they are strong! its good to see that they are strong in UK and canada, but theyt shouldn't forget africa and asia where they are still strong! while they need to make a comeback on US but they need to be on the eye-level of the americans!
16. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Blackberry is nothing but a failure. They will continue to fail and without US customers they will close. There is nobody lining up to purchase this worthless phone
2. cabuya (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I love company that dont give up and keep fighting BB will be fine if they keep there focus on the third place
3. ryq24 (Posts: 630; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Most loyal blackberry users prefer the Q10 over the Z10. Blackberry still have a lot to learn when it comes to touchscreen phone design.
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
you're right about most BB user will prefer Q10, but again the market trend right now is tough screen so they shouldn't let go on that!
what do you mean "still have a lot to learn when it comes to touchscreen phone design."? you must be kidding right? only here in PA prefer s3's plasticly plastic design other prefer it better coz you dont feel that plastic or cheap like in s3 and also people dont think that you can remove the battery door coz it looks like it is unibody phone! they make gorgeous phones IMO but also FYI!
4. TheMan (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I wonder about the sales mix, Q10 vs Z10. I still believe that BB adherents are skewed far more towards using a QWERTY keyboard, rather than a virtual one. I doubt that it's 1-to-1, but I expect that's it's far higher than Android's >0.01-to-1 (my wild guess) and Window's Phone or iOS's 0-to-1.
12. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ofcourse Q10 will be higher than Z10 coz i believe Z10's aim are those iPhone/Android or even WP users since its currently the trend -touchscreen. while Q10 are oviously BB users and those who love to have physical keyboard!
6. kewell69 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
U guys can keep on milking canada,by d time they open their eyes i'm sure u'll switch to australia*hisses*.
9. axllebeer (Posts: 270; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Things are looking up for BB. Just keep going strong and you will make it Thor!
13. Trex95 (Posts: 844; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
BB still selling well not only in Canada and UK even in Gulf, India and some Asian country.
15. AlMal (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
One thing is for sure, not only the smartphones get smarter, but people who sells them too.
17. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
They never release numbers because they are a failure. Close the doors already