Analyst says Apple iPhone 5 to be unwrapped in June at WWDC
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:23
After a year in which Apple decided to switch its usual Apple iPhone launch schedule to the Fall, the Cupertino based manufacturer seems ti be going back to its summertime launch schedule as an analyst for a Japanese securities firm says that the next iPhone will be introduced at WWDC in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GALAXY-S posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:30 22 4
It will have the most innovative and spectacular design that will change the world!! A MIGHTY 4inch DISPLAY!!
35. bossmt_2 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:28 0 0
I wonder what would happen if the iPhone 5 doesn't have 4G?
38. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:30 8 2
It will still sell like crazy. Because it's an iPhone. Lol.
78. Arpad posted on 02 Feb 2012, 17:08 0 0
Well every phone by then will have 4G. So the best way to stick out...uhh ... innovate is to not have it!
2. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:37 10 16
Galaxy... unless you have been in hibernation for the past 3 years.. you would know that Apple sets the standards on phones... 4g will be popular when iphones says so.... 4 inch display as well.. just like Siri.. they didnt invented but only a handful used prior the iphone4S... now is everywhere... dispute all you want but the stats are there... to back me up... just watch how popular 4inch screen will be once the iphone bumps it up to 4 inch...
3. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:43 11 6
Who are you to say that Apple sets the standard on anything at all?
It's just one company. The sole fact that it designed a nice-looking multi-touch feature phone 4 years ago with a capacitive screen is yet to prove that this set the standard for anything at all for that matter. Yes, the iPhone was the first real phone to make capacitive touch-screens popular among cell phones. So what. Doesn't mean that it set the standard on anything at all save for causing future high-end cellphones from other companies to be equipped with capacitive touch-screen displays.
5. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:47 8 5
like I said.. the stats are there..siri is nothing new it existed over Android buy only a handful used it.. here comes Apple and now is popular and millions of people use it.. Apple relased the ipad and now is on pace ot outdate a PC..I can go on and on but it wouldnt do nothing to you. . and you illia.. you were sucked into buying an iphone and will be sucked into buying a Galaxy as well..
7. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:50 8 7
Okay. So Apple creates popular products. Nothing new here. But does it set the standard on anything? Hardly. I could name at least 5,000,000 different things which Android can do and iOS can't - while you won't be able to name a dozen things which iOS can do and Android can't. So - I ask you again - what makes you think that Apple sets the standard on anything at all other than making PCs without an accessible filesystem?
19. The_Miz posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:03 8 9
does one of those 5,000 things include getting malware? Lol, ZING!
37. Dark4o90 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:30 3 7
YES OF COURSE android is an OS after all, unlike IOS
66. baaam posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:39 1 0
and other 4999 that IOS dont have!! #FAIL #ZING!!!
8. aarongzmn posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:51 10 4
iPhone isn't leading the way when it comes to 4" displays. If anything, its just catching up. If it doesn't do this it will stay far behind.
10. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:52 5 6
It already is - the iPhone 4S clearly shows that.
15. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:00 7 6
is not not about what Android can do is about Apple doing it better... please Android has had 4g on their phones since more than a year ago... and guess what look up the sales on the Droid Charge 4G and lots of 4G phones becoming absolute in less than a year.. having 4g on a phone is hasnt been a selling point for the majority... wait until Apple goes 4G... and it will become a must for everyone... and you aarongzm.... havent you learn tha specs mean nothing to the average consumers... Apple is not playing catch up.. that argument is old.. Apple is taking their time to bring one great product after another...
23. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:06 9 5
Oh sure - Apple is doing a lot of things better! like 4G! Apple does that the best. And Widgets. And live wallpapers. Apple simply owns at these things. Oh, wait..
Seriously - what do you have to back up that argument of yours that Apple does anything better aside from marketing?
33. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:25 6 8
siri... smooth OS... you live wallpapers.. who uses them other than kids... widgets.. ask a average consumer if the use widgets on their Android phone and watch them ask you what are those?... 4G. hmmm really you want to go there... VRZ cant even get it together yet.. Sprint is barely developing true 4G . ATT well there LTE is a baby.... T-Mo .. they live on fantasy island that believes their speeds are worthy of 4G caliber...
42. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:37 5 2
Siri. Ok. Apple has an edge on that now - but thanks to the fact that Android is Open Source - we can expect an equivalent service to become available at the same - or even at better quality - than Siri - very soon. Already there are a few attempts to replicate it.
Widgets and live wallpapers. Who are you to say what's useful and what's not? What's childish and what's not? You got some statistics regarding the use of either on Android phones? If you do - I would very much like to see them.
Smooth OS. Android is as smooth as iOS is, provided it has sufficient hardware to be as such. In addition - iOS isn't always smooth as well. Yes, Android might require a slightly better hardware to be as smooth - but that's due to the fact that Android actually does more than one task at a time.
4G. I could hardly care what are the problems the US is experiencing in terms of 4G network development. Fact: 4G is quite a widespread phenomenon now in the US and in some parts in Europe too. Apple doesn't have a 4G phone. Others have. And if you don't want to use 4G because of whatever reason - you can turn it off. More choice = better for consumers.
52. veRdiKt posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:02 0 0
uhm whats cool about siri? like honestly. and you sir are a dumbass. 4g. vrz cant get it together??? what does that mean....just cuz the network is down doesnt mean they "cant get it together". pathetic.
54. jove39 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:06 3 1
Come on you cock face...iOS is smooth app launcher...undoubtly it is...but please don't call it OS...I have owned iPhone4 and iPad2...so I know what I am writing...have you ever owned any Galaxy S Android phone?
Just try this...on your iPad (if you have one) attend a meeting on webex app...and try to connect conf call on skype...it won't work...later will try to kill former...sucks! And FYI this is called multitasking.
61. tluv00 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:19 2 0
Please switch to a PC/MAC or non iOS based device. Your spelling and grammar and obviously terrible auto correcting iOS device is killing me.
Arguing against OS preference is a losing battle. What you hate about Android and love about iOS is going to be different than someone who prefers Android over iOS.
89. gragonHDfones (unregistered) posted on 02 Feb 2012, 22:06 0 0
now your just being stupid.
88. quakan posted on 02 Feb 2012, 20:43 2 2
4g is the only thing apple needs...widgets and live wallpapers are not worth bringing up when talking about needed features.
94. deathyyy posted on 05 Feb 2012, 13:03 0 0
Marketing is all that matters- The companies are looking at the bottom line, and the bottom line only.
40. Dark4o90 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:31 2 3
hahahahaha you're really blind, man
34. Dark4o90 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:27 1 2
58. thnkthru3 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:12 0 0
I agree however the've been a force to reckon with in the patent wars:-(
14. GALAXY-S posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:00 6 2
yea i would not be surprised at all if that happend.. if shepard apple says jump all ish33p will jump, etc etc... i have not been hibernating i know perfectly how well ish33p obey apple
29. CivicSi89 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:17 5 1
Mmmmmm... the Nuts of Tim Cook and Steve Job's Zombie. How do they taste?
55. atheisticemetic posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:07 1 0
or you could see how popular the 4inch display is NOW and stop being a mac nerd and a troll. Ignorance isnt going to be bliss in the community. When the apple novelty wears off they'll be stuck scratching their heads.
even a religion has to come out with innovative ways to keep the kids interested. What has/will apple do? oh i got it! lets sue more people....sigh
your iphone will never be better than an Android, of this i could dispute all day.
the only thing your iphone has is location based services over my android.
The only standard that i've known apple to create is how to sue another company for "stealing their idea" and creating slave labor overseas to mass produce a massive piece of crap.
72. xiobnb posted on 02 Feb 2012, 15:53 0 0
you mean how android phones made the 4in+ screen a standard for smartphone now days
4. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:45 10 7
Introducing the iPhone 5 - quad core 800Mhz processor. 4" screen. 1GB of Ram.
Introducing the SGS3 - quad core 1.5 - 2.0 Ghz processor. 4.5" - 5" screen. 1.5 - 2GB of Ram.
6. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:48 10 8
and you know the worst part.. the iphone with those specs will out sell your version of the SGSIII..
9. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:51 7 8
And you know the worst part as well - nobody is going to care about that save for journalists and Apple shareholders. Certainly not me. In fact - this will provide even more material for hilarious Samsung commercials.
20. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:03 7 6
hope you are not getting mad illia.. u have not shown any other than your opinion... good luck with that...
13. SleepingOz posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:59 6 3
but does it make it better? NAH! but yeah may be some for biased fools like you and some ignorant baristas..
18. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:02 5 5
I really wonder how ANYONE who owns an iPhone can actually be 'creative' about something when the most you can do is decide which apps to get, which wallpaper to set, and which ringtone to choose out of a couple of dozen of preset ones.
Maybe it's the apps.. valid - but Android has those as well.
41. Dark4o90 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:35 0 0
for 2011 s2 was really close. S3 hmmm for sure will outsell it
16. The_Miz posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:01 6 12
And yet, the iPhone will still win in terms of speed and power.
21. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:03 4 5
And your post is going to be hidden in terms of speed and number if thumbs down you are going to get..
24. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:10 3 3
even though people will still read them.. is the curiosity of the human being... illia... PA hides them but poeple read them u have done it a bunch of times... havent you... havent you...
26. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:12 1 4
Yep. But still - just saying.
36. downphoenix posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:30 0 0
LOL, but yours will too since its a reply to his XD
47. The_Miz posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:41 3 10
Lol, you really think I care if a bunch of butthurt people thumb my comments down so that they're hidden? Lol, hidden or not, people are still going to read my comments whether you like them or not.
I don't lose any sleep just because I get negative thumbs down everyday.
49. ilia1986 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:43 7 0
Yeah.. but if you continue to get them - you will get banned. Just like taco50.
We certainly won't lose sleep over that..
63. GALAXY-S posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:31 1 0
OR DOO YAA???? hmmm
79. SleepingOz posted on 02 Feb 2012, 17:13 1 0
UMADBRO? just asking 'coz you seem a lil FRUSTRATED!
31. CivicSi89 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:25 6 0
Ya know what? im an equal oppertunity fanboy. I like Devices. i like innovation. And ill tell ya something.
I remember my first Android phone. It SUCKED. had issues. bad design. and just over all annoying to use. Then i remember my first iPhone. i was suprised with how well it did things. But even so. it left me wanting more.
Fast foward. I am the owner of a Droid RAZR MAXX. And an iPhone 4S. And honestly. I HATE the 4S. dont like it at all. I think it would be a great phone. except its the people who kill it for me. People like GalitoKing. People who think that Apple Rules the world. And they DONT. Ya know what. Apple makes a great product. I love my Macbook Pro. But until people get off their high horse and realize that the iPhone isnt God. I will always hate that phone. i dont care if it had a quad core whatever. or how big the screen. Personally. and i mean this to a point. Id rather rock a Blackberry or my Palm Pre2 than the iPhone because its annoying pricks like you guys who make that phone what it is. A fashion accessory that you think is better than anything else.
46. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:40 1 7
sorry for not reading your whole lecture... just read the part and some where you said my name... too bad that you based your opinion on what people say on a public forum rather than expertises... i will leave it at that...
64. CivicSi89 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:31 5 0
ok. Since you wanna be childish. we can go that route. I work for Verizon. and all i deal with are iPhone customers. they are the most arrogant entitled stupid SOB's that i have ever met. they remind me alot of you.
70. Astreo posted on 02 Feb 2012, 15:40 1 6
jesus what store do YOU work at? my iphone customers just want the phone because its simple and it has a name everyone knows on it. as for stupid SOB's thats usually the droid fans coming in that i label that.
74. gallitoking posted on 02 Feb 2012, 16:03 0 6
could it be that you being a Apple hater cannot put your hate aside and handle Apple customers.. mr mature... is it being professional too much for yu?..
76. willardcw4 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 16:46 5 0
1) I wish your grammar and spelling was a lot clearer.
2) You use round-about logic that doesn't prove any of your points.(partially in part to your unsatisfactory syntax / grammar).
3) I agree with CivicSi89 in this instance as far as the public's perception of the iPhone. I own an iPhone, not a droid, yet I'm still aware of consumer trends (in the US).
4) I rarely see you make an intelligent point. You have your opinion, and that's fine, but criticize others' less unless you have a legitimate fact or reasonable argument. I'm tired of seeing "Android copied this... iOS is smoother... blah blah."
We get it, you like iPhones better. Get over it.
91. paulyyd posted on 03 Feb 2012, 03:11 0 2
hey cool story bro
93. gallitoking posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:20 1 0
just because you use a jesus fish as your avatar doesn't make you intelligent... again more than 35 characters I dont read... so whatever.... whay you get mad.. dude.. chill drink some Apple juice.. listen to some music ( purchased legally from itunes)... and you will be fine...
48. Dark4o90 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 13:41 0 0
yeah but you know what android whasn't the top priority for the compan'ies', not company that makes only one phone