Analyst expects Apple to provide newly re-designed Smart Cover at time of Apple iPad 5 launch
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 11:56 posted on
The Apple iPad 5 is expected to emerge from the designers' table with a thinner, lighter body and design cues taken from the Apple iPad mini; that will mean a whole new line of cases to fit the newly svelte body of Apple's next tablet. Cantor Fitzgerald's Brian J. White has been talking with Chinese and Taiwanese based suppliers and found out that the iPad 5 will be 1/2 to 3/4 inch narrower than the prior version...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Sauce (Posts: 445; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
That's what you pay for when you buy one of the best tablets on the market.
9. DaHarder (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
More Like... That's what suckers get when they chose to buy Apple branded accessories.
I've yet to encounter a single 'Apple branded' accessory for any of my Apple devices that bettered that of 3rd party items... that are most often a far better value.
10. Finalflash (Posts: 441; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Don't forget the premium feel of plastic on metal, also the plastic accentuating the metal inside look wise.
11. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I disagree completely. The smart covers are by far the best out there and material used is great.
5. MoboUSA.COM (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
You can always wait for a good after market cover
7. Muzhhur (Posts: 214; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Thats ok about the cover but please dont tell us youre the first one to make it happend
8. Taters (Posts: 1771; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't know how people can stand screen covers. Sure the stand is nice but the covers get away when holding them. Best cases for tablets have no covers just like the best smartphone cases have no covers.
They should just make a slim leather snap on like the 5s cover IMO.
12. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
The smart covers are worth every penny imo. Great material used. Also have had many 3rd party covers and they have mostly been crap... never withstand my 6 year old but the smart covers last.