Analyst cites Apple's difficulties producing 4.8 inch screen for 2014 launch of larger Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2013, 12:15 posted on
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek is telling clients that Apple is having problems producing enough 4.8 inch screens which is pushing back the release of a larger screened Apple iPhone until June 2014; Apple is looking for a device to go up against the Samsung GALAXY Note line which could offer a 6.3 inch screen with its third launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
It might be cool if it came with a wacom stylus or somthing like that tucked into the device. That is probly why the note series does well. If it did not have that I would guess the note would not have done as well. I know I would have stayed at 4.7 inches and below if my note 2 did not carry on. I also atliest would have considered the dna because untill I get motovated enough to root my note I hate touch wiz and cant wait to get rid of it and as a matter of fact would have gone with the razer max hd or waited for the next version of it coming out soon that google had a loy of input on that is suposed to come with key lime pie or version 5.0
32. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Can't do. Samsung owns 5% of Wacom now. With the escalating patent lawsuits between the two, your suggestion just ain't gonna happen
16. KParks23 (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Wasn't it apple preaching about how 3.5 inch is the perfect size and anything bigger is stupid I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that!
17. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
If Apple's next iPhone has a 4.8" screen and they call it "innovative," I'm gonna jump into a lake full of razor blades.
30. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
With a 6th row of icons? Revolutionary! haha
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
These too low yields are just a nother PR excercise to justify the huge price tag that this 4.8 will carry. Others have no yeiled problems only Apple has issues. Ridiculous that same old rumour gets dished out with every new version. Can't they think of something else?
24. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It may have also something to do with the fact that they're trying to avoid using samsung and it's impacting their supplies. Look at all the ipad launches. It's always samsung saving the day for apple since everyone else struggles to achieve the yield they need
31. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. Apple's PR team are merely preparing the iPeople for the shockingly more bloated than ever cost of this 4.8inch iphone. I can't wait for the time when US carriers stop subsidizing phones. Let's see who will rule the US by then..
4. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
awesome , long enough to be a great back itching devise. Apple you genius you.
5. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Wonder if it will take as long for Apple to get a large screen as it did for them to get 4G? 2 years behind.
Poor Apple still playing catch up! SMH
Apple innovative...LMAO yeah right! Only with trying to make bs patents and lawsuits!
6. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1060; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Apple can make an iphone as big as they want! The only thing that will get me to think about buying one would be an fresh, new OS. I don't want a bigger screen just so I can fit more apps in a grid...
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And i am waiting for Al-Zerba from apple:)
11. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
"to challenge the very successful Samsung GALAXY Note series"
Easy there buddy, how is a 4.8 inch iPhone supposed to challenge a big 5.5 - 6.3 inch phablet?
It would be safer to assume that Apple is 'trying' to target the coming 5 inch android models..
One step at a time Apple... one...step....at....a........time.
13. fahqman (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
if this does come out, it would have a special feature like adding two more rows... but the rest stays the same...as usual....since 2007
33. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yeah..and they create all the fuss for that extra row of icons.. holy baloney.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6807; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How bout just buy android phone. Apple will never surpasses no bigger than 4.8
15. bucky (Posts: 1601; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I really hope they don't go bigger than 4.3...anything else is too big
21. ZeroCide (Posts: 702; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
4.8 and you'll like it becase the Apple says so.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 13498; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shhhhhhhhhh can't focus on my math, due to your hot air.
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 1849; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Just get the note 2 and be done with it. You're a Samsung fan right Dark?
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 13498; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lyndon I have the note 2. I love it, but I would like a phablet style iOS device too. Huge Samsung fan, I still have my Samsung eternity from like 08'. Dude I also just discovered while packing to move this wknd, that I have the first camera phone from Sanyo from when I was with sprint in 03. Now that's crazy
18. GhostBear (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Isn't it more about overall device size than screen size, the more screen you can fit on a device the better. Although there isn't much bezel left on the sides to eliminate anymore.
28. vincelongman (Posts: 1775; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But there is still big top and bottom bezels, or whatever they are called. They could have kept the iPhone 5 the same size as the iPhone 4/4S if they reduce the top and bottom bezel more.
20. centurion (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
l will love see that phone in 4.8 screen, for those apple fan in their hands so l can call them hypocrite or in other words call them losserrr
22. lyndon420 (Posts: 1849; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What do they need a bigger screen for anyway? Will they ever put out something that hasn't already been done elsewhere?
29. Fuego84 (Posts: 300; Member since: 13 May 2012)
they need this larger screen for their aging market. Their old customers demand larger dial & larger text.
34. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Uhm.. Phablet users are not old and aging market.. Duh..