Analyst accuses Samsung of not wanting Windows Phone success
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2013, 15:57 posted on
Unlike the Android ecosystem (and the overall smartphone ecosystem around the world), Samsung is not doing all that well with Windows Phone. Windows Phone has been dominated by Nokia, which isn't much of a surprise given the partnership between Nokia and Microsoft. But, an analyst is now saying that Samsung actually isn't doing well with Windows Phone because the company doesn't want to see the platform succeed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
all they do is sucking up Microsoft's resources
17. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
it means they didn't want to see nokia.sucessful.......................they are jealous................
34. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
So you meant MS and Nokia need Samsung to be sucessful?
I didnt know they are that much desperate...
48. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
they dont... so what ur talking bout? it has nothing to do with needing samsung
62. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I replied to what he(tuss) said;
Sammy dont focus on WP because they dont want to make WP popular so Nokia can earn some money from it.
Isnt that what he just said? or am i too bright to imply?
66. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
he means if more companies make wp device obviously exposure will increase and this would effect samsungs dominance as customers may make the transition from samsungs android devices to there wp8 devices and then to competitor devices from nokia
watch the thumbs down from upset fanboys
139. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I think because of Samsung knows that there is no any great technology to against Nokia. If Nokia also use Android Samsung will because Second or Third
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yeah nokia know they will be on top soon.....windows os is great os.......!!!
91. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
HAHAHA thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
67. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok....why would Samsung care if Nokia is successful? They are competing with Nokia in WP land.
I could understand if you said they didnt wanna see WP or MS successful.
132. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they bail out since they know they cant compete nokia where they stand hard
136. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Correct. It also shows if Nokia went with android they would have F**ked Samsung there as well!
But I for am happy they did not go with android because these fanboys think everything should be android!
I want Nokia to succeed because they make the best designs and bring the best Innovations and have a Sh*t load of patents! but I'm still not sure about WP
58. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia's Stephen Elop strategy is still to be the 'clear winner,' even against Samsung and Apple......and that's true........nokia we know you choice right thing for us......!!! Windows is great OS
83. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
who dislike my comment.......is that a samsung or iphone fans........!!!! sorry guys but it's true.......Nokia will take over top spot soon........!!!
92. DEVIL.666 (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I thumbed you down you WP Nokia F@g.
There both dead.
Get a life you stupid.
Can't you see WP Nokia users are getting Trolled and bashed.
116. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That's not called for dude. It's not that serious.
131. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
first of all its 'they're", second of all, you are the one who should get a life. getting back here, and flaming people for their personal opinion the most "nolife" you can get. you know that you suck big time, right? :D loser...
134. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
the ultimate stupid retard is you you hate others because they dont like android are u american i guess u are thats what u all do impose ur s**t on others get a life
144. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
i know, but sailfish os is the best, no lag + play store
128. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
the question is, why Nokia does not want to make Android succed?? they wanna make special phones with "their" OS like they did with Symbian....I dont know for how long they will succeed, but this is kind of a clever movement, since NOW, i dont know later, they make the best MS phones....of course, with almost no competition, thats becomes an easy achievement.
137. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
One of the main reason Nokia did not go with Android is Google did not want them to use their Nokia maps on the platform! So one would say Google was scared of Nokia maps being better then their Google maps.
3. Diego! (Posts: 620; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I think it's not Samsung's fault but Microsoft's. Samsung offered Ativ S which is great but didn't succeed as expected, therefore, it wasn't launched in all countries. That was really a pitty. I like that phone! :( Hopefully we will see more phones (and better ones) coming from Samsung with WP :D
24. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The Ativ S is an inferior device compared to the Lumia 920, and so why would anybody buy it? If Samsung stops making WP8 devices, then so be it. Does anybody really care?
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're right, no one cares about WPs, except may be Nokia fanboys.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so those who bought the HTC 8s and 8x are nokia fanboys?
please go hate elsewhere, i know you try and act like your reasonable but your the same as the other android fanboys who cant just accept other os's are good to push competition and that android isnt for everyone and isnt perfect
45. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Google will care soon enough, when WP starts stealing a significant porition of Android market-share ;o)
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 21721; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No one cares about android except android fanboys. No one cares about iOS except iOS fanboys. No one cares about Symbian except Symbian fanboys. No one cares about BB10 except BB10 fanboys. Dude whats your point. All os's have their fans, and some like myself like multiple ones " iOS android, and wp8"
88. DEVIL.666 (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
No one cares about a dieing dead platform WP Nokia.
Sales are in decline. Have you seen how low Nokia went with there adverts few months ago.
Once the king Nokia is a tramp toaday selling there headquarters Vertu closing factories redundant.