Analyst: The Apple iPhone 5S will give consumers a choice of screen size and color
0. phoneArena 02 Jan 2013, 11:48 posted on
Topeka Capital Market analyst Brian White sees Apple responding at last to those who say that the company offers no real choices when it comes to selecting an iPhone model; the analyst says that Apple will give buyers of the next Apple iPhone choices not only in color, but in screen size as well similar to the choices that Android buyers have when purchasing one of many Android enabled models...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2445; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
LOL@Analysts.... Nobody will know for sure unless another phone is found in a bar somewhere.
27. MeoCao (unregistered)
Tim Cook is possibly getting bold that he can prove Jobs was wrong again after iPad mini success.
I think this will lower Apple's margins but customers will have more choices.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 21697; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Meocao giving apple props. Is this really u lol?
63. MeoCao (unregistered)
I will encourage anything that offers more choices and value to us users, Apple or not.
But Apple is stil an evil and I don't think they will change.
66. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hope they don't change, and make the iP5s iP6 all the same™®©
57. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Since when does Apple care about consumer's choices? Apple costumers get only two choices: take it or leave it.
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3878; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It is funny if you know how to laugh at simple things.
Lumia powered iPhone...too bad Apple can't patent colors.
33. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Or can they?
*Hint* : Previous iPad rectangle with rounded corners patent
Ring any bells?
44. The_Innovation (Posts: 610; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I don't know man, according to the like/dislike ratio of both of your comments, it seems that it was very funny.
50. KazEmpire (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
Looks like you have personal experience on that
65. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yes it was. But I thought 96 was an Apple fan?
8. StringCheese01 (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
43. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG, that was soooo funny that iPeed in my pants!
I can't wait for another bar discovery. Incidentally, I thought the next iPhone was going to be called the "5C"??
Either way, it will be great that iPhone owners will now have choices (besides what connector to use).
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Apple looks like it's doing some catching up work, only thing I'm interested in is iOS 7 which I hope brings some change not another row of icons.
5. Aeires (unregistered)
So essentially the iPod Touch will finally be able to make calls. /joke
With that in mind though, color options don't seem that far of a stretch. Multiple screen sizes, yes, that's a stretch to believe.
38. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Really having a tough time believing that they would have multiple screen sizes.
Developers are going to start getting aggravated. First there was the iPhone, then the iPad. Then the iPhone and iPad doubled those dimensions with retina displays. Not a huge deal to change. The iPhone 5 messed things up, by adding an entirely unrelated resolution.
A retina iPad mini should be able to hold the resolution of an iPad 3, but a multi-sized iPhone is just another thing for devs to have to adjust.
6. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
apple : we have color variety now for all people that want something different and fresh.
the fan: we can customize with our new magical iphone 5s now.
and it will be 4inch. they weren't gonna make it any bigger than that maybe in 10 or 20 years.
good luck to them.
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
with same specs size screen
32. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
You aren't a tech guy.You and all the haters(android or iPhone fanboys) ruin this site.
59. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
My guess is the biggest will be 4.3, then Apple will try and pull a Razr M. But in all seriousness they are most likely going to make 3 screen size differences.
1.) 3.5 (obviously) for the tiny handed
2.) 4.0 for the normal handed
3.) (possibly) 4.3 for the big handed
7. slimmy (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
If this is true then this gonna be interesting in a good way
9. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
if they do update the ios to 7.0 thery're gonna copy android and add widgets boring apple can just go to sleep....but the hardwear still gonna be the same just no samsung parts better for samsung tho any way
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah because like we all know android was the first with widgets right, and everything you lot brag about on android never existed before did it? sick of the double standards get over yourself android werent the first
and as for the better for samsung part, it isnt they will loose money but wont effect them drastically, same for apple they will loose an excellent manufacture which could prove a problem for them
stop your one sided crap thanks
18. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
lol they would have to change their whole ui to add widgets and want only the processor samsung?
12. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I must be an analist because I predicted an iPhone mini... lol
Previously here on PA
16. shnibz (Posts: 309; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Whats the point In having an iPhone in different colors? Every single person I know who has an iPhone has a case on it.
39. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
They could always make a tougher phone.
Apple's in need of something huge. Build something strong enough to survive most accidents, call it the world's strongest phone, and you've got a winner. No case necessary.
21. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Different screen sizes! This will put apple back in the race. keeping the quality and maybe a 5 inch screen. I say back in the game. Now just lower all the extra s**t you have to pay for and we will talk