Analyst: Samsung Galaxy S4 shipments ahead of estimates
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 14:55 posted on
Mark Newman, an analyst with Bernstein Research, told clients earlier this week that despite the lower gross margin on the Samsung Galaxy S4 compared with the Galaxy S III, a higher percentage of the parts used on the newer model will be sourced from Samsung and eating its own home cooking should allow Sammy to make more money with the Samsung Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MartianMe (unregistered)
Nothing new here....we all know that samsung is going to win no matter what.
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Not really. Samsung is one, if not the biggest electronic component manufacturer. It's all about volume.
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
bojan and lovenyc8, two butthurt HTC fanboys doing their daily Samsung's articles trolling job.
The GSIV has already won the battle in many comparisons. Now, let the sales speak for themselves. =]
Oh btw, you two need to get a life!
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why the hate?
Its still Android!
I love both the S4 Htc One™
Why not own both?
23. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
O.O Dufaq, what/who are you and what did you do to the troll-TROLL?
28. andu.florea (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Because we don't want to throw money out the window...
Why not 2-3 cars, 2-3 houses and 2 wifes(i like blondes and redheads)
27. Aeires (unregistered)
Yeah, because there's a ton of that on my LG Nexus 4.
36. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
no, it's intel. samsung is second. qualcom 3rd.
38. taikucing (unregistered)
Ummm, he said that samsung is the one, not the biggest. Perhaps it's true because Samsung has many businesses. Not only electronics, but also heavy industries. Have you heard about Samsung excavators, bulldozers or ships?
Meanwhile, does intel make TVs, LCDs, phones, tablets, laptops, air conditioners, washing machines, printers, blue ray players, cameras, home theaters, microwave, broadband equiments for telco operators, medical equipments like Samsung does?
Don't be wrong, I'm not a Samsung fanboy. But I tell the truth.
39. taikucing (unregistered)
ooops, I forget that Samsung has semiconductor industries too that makes SSDs, RAMs, CPUs like Intel does. What's else? Yes, Hard drive, eventhough it belongs to seagate now. Samsung is like Intel + Foxconn + Fuji Heavy Industries + Sharp + etc..
Don't be wrong.. I'm still not a Samsung fanboy. I choose the best when buying a phone, my formula of choosing a phone is price/performance & price/features & price/hardwares ratio
44. procol (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
I disagree. In semiconductor sector, it's true what you said. Even though semiconductors would take large proportion of components industry, they are not all the components out there. Display, battery, camera lenses and the other various components exist. I'm not sure Samsung is the biggest component manufacturer or not. But it's highly likely. Their market shares on the components they manufacture usually among top 5, not to mention of numerous no.1 positions.
46. moroninc (Posts: 191; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Its true when u manufacture the parts yourselves, you control everything even the production rates. HTC hit a snag despite getting a head start.. Samsung once gets ahead (official release to market) will leave everyone in the dust.. just like the GS3 did to the awesome HTC One X
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What exactly are they gonna when? The fanboy stuff is so tired man...please tell us what they'll win.
2. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Please no-body buy smartphone above £500 (although £500 is quiet a-lot) these companies are taking advantages now. :@
48. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
lmao @mdroid ! n Apple really messed the smartphone market :@ these companies are being too greedy now :@ This Has To Stop.
16. torr310 (Posts: 519; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Apple is the first company who sets phone at that high price.
45. bucky (Posts: 1639; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
U weren't old enough to care when the htc windows phones came out I guess....
3. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Just using the formula of success which is best technology into the palm of a hand
5. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
i will buy any Nokia Smartphone even if its €1000.
7. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
first buy any Nokia smartphone (if they really make one) which is already available or else the company will get closed due to bankruptcy ;-)
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well if had
16MP ExmorR sensors with quarter lens
Stainles steel and Sapphire glass
500 PPI SLCD3 SAMOLED+
4x PVR554 GPU
EXYNOS 5450 A15x6 CPU
Then yes its a $1000 device™
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4148; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No no no, TROLL, you need to re-think some of that.
Exynos 5 Dodeca - 12 core CPU 6x A15 @ 2.5 GHz and 6x A7 cores @ 1.4 GHz
6 core PowerVR Rogue GPU @ 600 MHz
4500 mAh battery
4 GB RAM
When it comes to pure speculation, go big or go home.
52. Abiyouth (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Lol I have to agree with your last sentence
" When it comes to pure speculation, go big or go home. "
30. taikucing (unregistered)
Then buy nokia 6130.
49. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Is your dad football player? However not mine.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Me2, but not for AT&T, but to buy the Sim-Free Exynos version™
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sounds nice Troll but I had a very bad experience with buying unlocked, non carrier branded devices. I tried the original Htc hero from cellular superstore here in Vegas, it only worked on edge, wouldn't email or text pics/vids which is a deal breaker for me, and didn't receive any updates at all. Cost me $700, I sold it for $300...never again man. I'll just eat the contract bro.
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4148; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm waiting for T-Mobile to get it in store for me to try it out, and if I like it I'll buy the unlocked Exynos variant. I already know the Exynos 5410 works with T-Mobile's HSPA+ 42 and LTE, so that won't be a problem.
Then I'm going to sell it later in the year for whatever Motorola is cooking. Who knows, maybe Apple will pop out of nowhere and come out with something great.
12. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I wonder how much it would cost smaller manufacturers like HTC and LG to manufacture it.
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Note to Samsung haters:
Samsung Galaxy S4 is NOT made in China, unlike all other flagship phones
42. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And the Sony Xperia Z is made in Japan with a "MADE IN CHINA" word at the bottom.
40. straywish (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Samsung will win this is a fact........ I want it to win coz i hate apple :)
41. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Analysts do have their IMAGINATIONS.........
By the way, Samsung is doing very well, GOOD LUCK SAMSUNG!
43. andyw (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Waiting for AT & T with Samsung...
50. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Apple really messed the smartphone market :@ these companies are being too greedy now :@ This Has To Stop.