Analyst Munster grades Siri and Google Search
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2012, 20:08 posted on
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster asked 800 questions to Siri and the same 800 to Google Search and graded the responses based on how accurate the answers were; Munster gave Siri a B for comprehension and a D for accuracy...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
How good does it feel having your last card lit up with Google's match, iSheep?
'Cause damn, it feels pretty good to me.
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
of course just like Apple improve Google Voice with Siri it took Google not one not two .. but three (Google voice, S-Voice) to finally get it right.. congrats.... not sit back and watch Apple make 4G popular something Android has failed to do..
10. rocko0011 (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Google Voice (made for calls) isn't a competitor for Siri, and S-Voice wasn't made by Google. You should really research before speaking what you think you know is truth.
11. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Don't waste time with professionals like this guy, he will bring down to his level and pummel you mercilessly with experience....in idiocy that is. That comment made me scratch my head as i read it and then I realized who wrote it and everything made sense.
40. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That reminds me of my senior quote "Don't argue with idiots because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
14. BattleBrat (Posts: 1145; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The only people buying 3g phones are people buying iPhones ;-) oh, that and entry level smartphone buyers... LOL
15. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
The only people buying 3g phones are entry level smartphone buyers.
20. BattleBrat (Posts: 1145; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
ZING! +1 For YOU good sir! I needed that fix LOL!
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Gallito, can you get more stupid than you are now?
4G technology is the reason why Android is booming at a rapid pace. iPhones are stuck on 3G, which is last century's tech.
"Wait until Apple comes out with 4G!" Android's been "having" that since mid 2010, when the Evo 4G came out, which is one of the best selling phones in history. True 4G has been available since last year thanks to Verizon.
You're running out of lines to defend Apple. Seems like you need to ditch the zeroes and join the heroes buddy.
36. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
he still thinks that iPhone 4 is 4G.. LOL.. fried chicken..
19. aahmed215 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Google Voice? lol, what an imbecile. If you are going to take a swipe at Google, at least get your facts and products straight. And S-Voice wasn't made by Google. It was an attempt by Samsung to compete with Siri (which was an alright attempt). Google Search on Jellybean so far seems streets ahead of Siri, even with the improvements of iOS6.
3. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Hey, I posted this on the other video that PA put up!
4. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
A man without a goal is like a sheep without a iphone.
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
inhuman brainwashed doooooomed Zoombies.
6. nicholassss (Posts: 355; Member since: 10 May 2012)
cant you use the voice input for google search and havent you been able to for a couple years? it just doesnt talk back to you. He could have actually voice searched and made it fair. I'll bet siri would have done better then.
7. remixfa (Posts: 14052; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Siri wouldnt have done any better. Googles results might have changed though. But then again, I use GVA without much issue all the time. You just have to speak properly.
9. hung2900 (Posts: 814; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Google search is the best for many years. And that is the perfect improvement of Google Search, enough for not being a beta version, unlike Siri.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Great, now Google should ban Google searches from iDevices, force them to use Yahoo lololol
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And lose money in the process? Yeah, that's smart.
18. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
In banning Google for iOS, they will lose a little for about a month or so, but we all know how most people cannot live without Google, so they'll be forced to switch to Android just to use Google's services again, rising the sales and bringing in more money.
Only problem is Google isn't Apple and probably wouldn't do it.
24. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Lose billions and earn more billions back, I don't see how that is a problem.
38. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You don't see it a problem because you're clueless
37. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
heaven forbid they have to use bing haha
21. Immolate (Posts: 288; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
The side-by-side on technobuffalo was excellent and Google wiped the floor with Siri. I think the best feature of Google is that the voice is so much better than Siri. Siri's voice is as good as Gingerbread's voice, but ICS and JB are infinitely more life-like.
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Too bad no one has ICS and jellybean is still years away
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
My household has 6 Android phones, My SGS3, my mum's SGS2 and my sister's Xperia S are all running official ICS (Yes, not rooted and not custom ROMs). The other 3 are a HTC Wildfire, a Xperia X8 and a Galaxy Y.
I don't see how Android fragmentation is a problem. The phones that should get full ICS and can support it have been upgraded, while the low ends still work smoothly with older versions.
I've run an alpha build of ICS on the 2 year old Wildfire, needless to say it made my phone almost unusable. Imagine that coated with Sense, wouldn't make sense for HTC to upgrade a budget model to ICS and have it unusable.
The Xperia X8 was upgraded once from Eclair to Froyo, and even then you can notice a slight lag from the upgrade. Again, no point upgrading it when the hardware can't handle it.
The Galaxy Y is running Gingerbread and it is buttery smooth, my youngest sister uses it and it's more than enough for her, no need for ICS.
Like I'd say a thousand times, I'd rather the manufacturers be honest and not upgrade my phone than lie and provide an "update" but almost has non of the new features, but I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand and think logically.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Years away? Plural?
You're such an unbelievable dumbass, Taco.
The longest anyone has to live with a phone is 22 months. That's a year, singular, and 10 months. If the customer doesn't get the update they want on their current phone, they can upgrade to a newer device.
And you know what? At least Google doesn't take away stuff that all iPhone owners have just to give their newest phone a killer app.
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Considering less than 10% of android users have ICS one can only guess the ridiculous amount of time android users will have to wait for jelly bean
28. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Even if it WAS, Eclair is still better than iOS 6. It's actually REALLY sad.
32. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Ever heard of rooting? Yeah iOS6 has those lame 200 new features that android already had lol *yawn*
31. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Wait...how does this work ? he pit a voice search versus typed search and decided typed search was better ? thats a big DUH.
33. networkdood (Posts: 6303; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Face unlock is awesome in ICS - the times I have voice searched using google voice, it always gets me the answer. My wife uses Siri and hates it on her 4S. And yet, APPLE advertises it like they are the first to have voice commands and the best at it.
34. jimjam (Posts: 242; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Does anyone else not find things like Siri to be a regression of the human race. Lets create even more imbeciles who can't do anything for themselves and want to talk to their phone.
We live in a sad sad era if this junk is so popular to be considered to be a major selling point.
39. osanilevich (Posts: 245; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Siri was apple's last line of defense against android. it seems that no matter how much the gap between android and apple is widening, the sheeps will still buy apple's aluminum coated trash
42. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
After all the results, they still have to make the iphone look good. f**k you Munster!