Analyst: Google Nexus 7 trailed the Apple iPad mini and the Amazon Kindle Fire in 2012
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2013, 18:33 posted on
A real live numbers crunchin', pencil-pushin', tobaccy chewin' analyst crunched some numbers and while Google doesn't release Nexus 7 sales, the analyst used the back door to figure out that 4.5 to 4.6 million units of the Google Nexus 7 were sold last year; while decent figures, they trailed the estimated ten million units of the Apple iPad mini sold and the analyst guesses that the new Kindle Fire also outsold the Google Nexus 7...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I am waiting for a second gen Nexus 7 with a 1200p 7.7" screen, tegra 4 or snapdragon 800 and 64gb storage.
6. jove39 (Posts: 1327; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I really wish to see these specs in next Nexus7...but it will probably increase cost. To be realistic...there are more chances to find T4i in next Nexus7...
1. T4i is low priced and Nvidia targets $100-$300 price range.
2. It packs enough punch over existing T3(t30).
3. Considering T4i packs A9(R4) cores it should be power savvy too.
8. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
They're already talking about maintaining the $200 and $250 prices.
4. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 866; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This is all guesstimation. Until official numbers are released there's no way of knowing for sure.
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1349; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Analysts talks out of ass for sales numbers. What a surprise.
Is this the same one that came up with the stupid idea that google pays apple for being the default search provider to the tune of ~$1 billion a year?
7. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
pfft...the iPad and the Fire still can't touch the Nexus 7. The 7 simply outdoes both.