Analyst: BlackBerry to cut production by 10%
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 08:29 posted on
Analyst Peter Misek had been positively bullish about BlackBerry earlier this year, so when he tells his clients something negative about the company, it has even more impact than usual; that is why we sat up and took notice on Tuesday morning when the Wall Streeter reported that the buzz on Wall Street is that the Canadian handset manufacturer had decided to cut production by 10%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I want more than that.
Perhaps....around 50% should be...err nice XD
4. Arthurhkt (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Well..... Actually kinda simple, just lower down your product price, such as older model which run on OS 7 or release a medium-low budget phone which run OS 10, then i guess at-least you can survive in the market again.
6. Fernandezxc (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
yap, exactly they should go to making budget phones atleast for now to save them
7. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I don't think it's that easy. Every phone is made and priced with a specific profit margin. They may have spent too much money developing BB10, which leads to a higher price as the only way to get back in the black. If they lower their price, they won't be profitable and will continue to lose all of their investors.
Long story short, they're screwed.
9. Arthurhkt (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Well i can understand with OS 10, but what about OS 7?
8. trickster_qc (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Everyone was waiting for the Q10. And the phones works just fine and has a great keyboard but it is WAY to expensive.
It should have been 50$ or less on a 2y plan instead of being priced the same as an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy.
That was their 2nd strike.
10. Arthurhkt (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Honestly Q10 is a good phone from BlackBerry, it did bring back the uniqueness of BlackBerry to market, but the things was it is way too expensive, i mean even Apple iPhone are cheaper than it..... How they expect it to sell well?
11. slaggyb (Posts: 192; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I so love my blackberry Q10.. I can't see me going back to my note 2.. BlackBerry needs full comeback.
12. AfterShock (Posts: 3542; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Powerhouse to footnote.
CEO, too bad he walks golden paths no matter the outcome.