Analyst: Apple iPhone 6's subsidized price could be higher than previous models
Hargreaves is expecting a 4.7 inch screen on the iPhone 6, compared to the 4 inch glass on the Apple iPhone 5s. The analyst didn't say whether Apple would be using Gorilla Glass, or switching to a sapphire glass screen as some believe it will. He also does not expect a second phablet-sized model. There is speculation that Apple will launch a variant of the iPhone with a 5.5 inch screen to challenge Samsung's Galaxy Note phablet range.
And while there has been some talk about an earlier June or July release of the next-gen iPhone, Hargreaves says that Apple will stick with its fall release schedule, which means we should expect to see the Apple iPhone 6 launched in September or October.
1. wilsong17 (Posts: 962; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
So before they charge you 100 dollars more for the memory now they will charge sh33p $100 for the screen too
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Bigger iPhone means bigger price. No question about it. Maybe $1500 for 16gb.
18. Finalflash (Posts: 1799; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea when it comes to money, Apple wants to make more than they did before, like everyone else. Problem is, they actually will shaft consumers to do it, from making a metal phone into a plastic one, to charging 100 per memory upgrade, to charging 100 more for every .5 inch increase in size. If anyone will do it, Apple will, and the army of cultists will eat it right up.
20. CreeDiddy (Posts: 306; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
People who buy Apple products disagree with your statement. It's far from the truth.
23. stealthd (Posts: 968; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Relying on stereotypes is good sign you don't know what you're talking about.
14. ecmedic4 (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Um i could see 299 on contract if they release a phablet size iPhone. You can't really bash them for pricing it 299 if they do release an "iPhablet" considering the note 3 is 299 on contract. This is nothing more than an analyst guessing. Before passing judgement, i think its smarter to wait for the OFFICIAL pricing from Apple, but then again Apple haters will bash Apple no matter what.
19. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Na, it will be $299 for the 4.7 and $399 for the 5.5 phablet
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And it doesn't take a genius/analyst that the iPhone is the most expensive phone on the market.
24. stealthd (Posts: 968; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You haven't really seen the market have you
28. ecmedic4 (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 May 2013)
It is? I do believe that the note 3 is more expensive. Also I think the 16 GB GS4 is more expensive at full retail than the 16GB iPhone 5S. Apparently you need to check prices a little more closely.
32. Topcat488 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
These phone The Note 3 and Galaxy S5 can do things that the iphone can only dream of doing... Think about that for a minute.
35. fzacek (Posts: 1864; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Well it's definitely the least value-for-money smartphone out there.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7113; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Because that's what you do when everyone else in the world is gaining customers by cutting the entry cost of new smart phones. You jack the price up another Benjamin.
Because at this point, Apple knows it can afford to give its customers the finger and say "sit and spin."
Of course, this may not be true, and it may not apply to the standard iPhone. They could just be following the price structure of Samsung's Galaxy line, with the bigass phone priced highest.
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Sounds about right; for Apple. And you know what? Their going to sell tons of them.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 364; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Oh wow how original of analysts.I think I can be analyst to......
It is a matter of common sense that It will be more expensive due to larger screen and other things.....it is so obvious
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Is it a even a surprise and what about unlocked price $1500 for 64gb lol.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 11877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I ain't rich, relatively or otherwise. Still getting one though.
13. ecmedic4 (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I hear ya dark. Im far from rich, but ill be getting the iPhone 6 or if they release a phablet size iPhone, ill get that one. Everyone has to remember tho, that this is an analyst, so he's doing nothing more than guessing, anyone can do that. Ill wait for the OFFICIAL pricing from Apple before i go making judgements and bashing Apple, but some ppl will bash Apple no matter what on this site, so this is just fuel for the trolls. I could see a phablet size iPhone being 299 on contract, which would be on par with the note 3 which is 299 on contract. If they release 2 iPhones, my prediction is 199 for the smaller one and 299 for the phablet. Wow i think I'm an analyst now!
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 11877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
100% agreed. Trolls can't resist this. I'm all over a phablet iPhone
37. PAPINYC (Posts: 2311; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Ooooooooooooh weeeeeeeh, 4.7 whole inches, think of what you can do with a whole extra 0.7 whole inches??? Maybe you'll finally be able to zoom in to that thing you call a profile pic and slap yourself silly. White shoes: black polyester pants - REALLY????
9. Taters (Posts: 3243; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple has no qualms about never passing anything to the consumer. Even if it was the same 4inch screen they would have increased the price in Canada.
10. Sauce (unregistered)
ERMAHGAWHD EHNOTHER ANURLYST HAZ URNALYZED SUMTING
This is Ron Burgundy, stay classy.
12. remtothemax (Posts: 235; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i doubt this will be the case
if they release two models, the larger one could be more expensive
i bet it will be like the iPad mini and iPad air that are basically identical except for screen size
the small iPhone will be 199 and the larger will be 299 and maybe start at 32gb or something
as much as apple has the market, and as much as apple customers are often rich, i cannot imagine they would walk away from the well established 199 price point, especially when t-mobile is already shaking up the idea of the subsidized phone completely
15. fredmode01 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
I remember when high end phones were 400 to 500€/USD max back in the old days..
Then Apple came with higher prices for an average phone (first iPhone/3G/3GS), and all these Asian phone makers thought 'hey, lets do the same.. 600€/bucks is a nice price, trully meaning high end stuff'
That was a revolution, damn.. sad world -_-
22. kevinhope5 (Posts: 28; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
100 bucks more per inch Go Apple.... So here in Zim it Will be like $2000 16gb.... yuppie am getting the 32gb
30. Sniggly (Posts: 7113; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I wish I could charge 100 bucks per inch.
25. PAPINYC (Posts: 2311; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
$100 freakin' bucks more for that thing makes no sense. Especially, since it's going to be an iPhone 5S with only a different headphone jack and iCharging port. They'll probably call it the all new iLightning port.
36. fzacek (Posts: 1864; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
So true, Apple is completely unnecessarily proprietary and overpriced.
26. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
If this happens then a big NO for iphone 6 from me. There are simply too many good android phones out there today.
27. PAPINYC (Posts: 2311; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You said it!! And, many are better than the iPhonr.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 11877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm rocking this puppy, if it turns out to be what's rumored. I'll buy a tub less of protein lol. Optimum Nutrition 100% whey gold standard 89.99
33. Topcat488 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Maybe you should do like some of those people who sell one liver. Then you could still buy that tub of protein, and still have a $1.00 left over. Hahaha.
39. lyndon420 (Posts: 1766; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
He does love to talk about his muscles...but don't be giving him any ideas as I'm not ready for him to leave us yet lol. But...he could donate one of his 'kidneys' instead since he probably still has 2
38. PAPINYC (Posts: 2311; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You can trade that protein for some Hydroxycut - can you say water retention?? Just sayin'!
34. techperson211 (Posts: 673; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Now they say 4.7 is a good screen size. 2 years ago they're mocking android OEM to have such big screen and now they're so proud of iphablet. The priced to pay for a .7 increase. And after that will say its innovation.