Analyst: Apple iPhone 5S to start production this month, launch this fall
0. phoneArena 15 Jul 2013, 11:58 posted on
According to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, the Apple iPhone 5S will start undergoing production later this month; this dovetails with a report that we passed along to you the other day about Foxconn going on a hiring spree. While this information is sure to warm the heart of any iOS fan, we still have some time before the phone is actually launched...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 20085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hurry up with the fall lineup. I want the 5S/6 in time for my wedding day. 9-21-13
10. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Congrats bro.. wish you all the best!!!
15. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Been great!! I've been busy working and spending time with my kids =)
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 20085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't argue with that my man. Good to hear from you.
11. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I can't believe they're letting the two of you get married??! I guess it's true what they say: for every Ügly Dückling there's an Üglier Qüack!!
I hope the iPhone 5S/6 is out in time for your wedding, don't forget to charge alot and I'll keep my fingers crossed; it might help if you stand in a puddle of water whilst charging, just sayin'! BTW, is she/he wearing white?? Personally, iToo, can't wait for iPhone 5S/6 - I've already ordered my rAiNbow Accessories.
2. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'm holding off on my upgrade until I see what apple has in store.
4. biophone (Posts: 1923; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
The biggest change is ios 7 I'm thinking which we have already seen. Maybe there is one more thing though who knows.
If you liked the 4S you will prolly like the 5s.
Smart to wait though.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 20085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't know bio, I think they're gonna a killer feature, or two to show off with the new hardware.
18. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I actually like the OS as it is or with ios7. I just want a better camera and much bigger battery
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The 5s will have the A7 for sure, dunno if it's actually better to wait for a brand new design 6 with A8/A7x processor and a potential 5.7 inch screen. My contract for the Note 2 runs out by then, so if not the Note 4 it'll be that!
14. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Brilliant, think it's easily one of the most productive, innovative and best phablet with all of it's quirks and features. Also have an IPhone 5 and Lumia 920 as backups but do find myself using the note 2 very regularly for the office and my commute. 920 for the camera and slickness but the IP5, just an all round performer in a small package that I will admit no other can come close to in terms of desirability.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 20085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I had the note 2 up until Friday, traded put some cash in and bought an s4. I love the S4, but could never part ways with the iPhone. I'll forever be hooked on both platforms. One for power, one for elegance.
19. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Having the s4 and iPhone 5 do you miss anything about the iPhone when using the s4?
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 20085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes I miss the video camera immensely. iOS auto edits/compresses vids, that makes it a remarkable point and shoot. The s4 you have to manually do it. If you're unaware you'll record a vid that's non sendable. I also miss the reader feature on safari, and iOS cut copy paste is better. Also how iOS speaks emails texts, and web articles etc for you
21. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The screen on the IP5 is also superior, it just feels the more complete product with the quality, customer support and eco system no other OEM can match. I feel it's probably worth waiting for the revamped IPhone 6 although no doubt the IPhone 5s will be a hugely desirable product. I'd imagine that Apple are going to cut the bezels completely for the re-designed 8th Generation IPhone (IP6) if the IPad Mini 2 rumours are anything to go by.
12. trixie (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I really want it to have atleast 5'display I will definitely buy but if not ill keep my iPhone 5 and buy galaxy note 3..