Analyst: 52 million Apple iPhones shipped last quarter
0. phoneArena 16 Jan 2013, 21:32 posted on
Amid controversy on whether Apple did cut back on orders for parts for the Apple iPhone 5 and exactly what it means, one analyst has forecast that Apple shipped 52 million units of the Apple iPhone in the fourth quarter, led by 35 million units of the Apple iPhone 5; the analyst also expects Apple to report great earnings for the period...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
And a dozen of Mac has shipped to my bed :)
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No wonder you are having a nice sleep :)
5. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Linux vs Darwin, be in control not a cult and be controlled by mesia.
3. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 215; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Were is the Ipad 5... I want it.. Where are you!!
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5856; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, at least Apple's contract manufacturers know how to pump out phones. Maybe LG could learn some lessons from them that they could apply to production of the Nexus 4? 50K is a far cry from 50 million.
7. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Others may agree/disagree, Apple may have owned 2011and 2012 but 2013 is no longer their game. The Apple has fallen from the tree.
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
how are they fallen when only Samsung out of all manufacturers in phone shipped
9. andro. (Posts: 1960; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The ironic thing is a huge number of these are probably iphone 4 in 8gb or the iphone 4s as they are more popular price due to price reductions. The iphone 5 is selling slow enough everywhere in the world outside the US and it wouldnt be a surprise judging by the high comparison sales of handsets like the galaxy s3 to see android take an increase of 69% to about 75% of the smartphone market worldwide this year
10. cheetah2k (Posts: 837; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Shipped vs Activations. How many of those shipped iPhones were actually activated? I bet its way less than the "estimated" shipped numbers of phones, especially where corner shops buy 10-20 of them in stock selling them at inflated prices in areas where Apple products aren't sold (ie. All those phones carried across the border into China before the phone was legally sold there).. I bet theres a few million of them sitting in a warehouse that were confiscated too LOL
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple keeps its same shape and design and software grid and people will realize how badly the design is