An affordable HTC smartphone to get the One's awesome stereo speakers
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2013, 03:23 posted on
The HTC One is full of amazing features, but one of our favorite ones are the powerful stereo speakers on the front. Not only are they giving the phone a great look with these large speaker grills positioned on the upper and lower ends, but boy do they sound great...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Good job. Front-facing speakers should be more mainstream IMO.
16. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Front facing speakers should be a industry REQUIREMENT.
I see absolutely NO reason for speakers to continue to be on the back of the phone. NONE. it was a stupid design to begin with.
20. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
There are random phones that had stereo speakers like the Samsung Omnia HD, most consumers don't care about audio quality so they get away with it...
24. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
All I will see is, "Oh look at that phone, they copied HTC by putting speakers on the front"
2. juandante (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
LOL my old Nokia N86 of 2009 already had stereo speakers, to funny that in 2013 it's when those low end manufacturers start finally to add those old time functions ...
4. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Don't forget about Nokia N73 and N95! Stereo speakers on the phone-good for Bus and Metro Dj's and for young people with small IQ!
6. juandante (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Or to play games with Stereo sound or listen to your film at home on your TV (external screen) with stereo/Dolby, or to have better quality 3D ring tones (Symbian). In other words GTFO with your mono speaker.
8. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Please check the minimum distance between stereo speakers if you want good stereo sound!GTFO with your 4.7 inch screen and speakers
14. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah I remember the N95 actually had bose speakers with surround sound! It sounded pretty awesome IMO, but then they started dropping the ball with the N97. It was a cool phone, but just had many hardware issues.
5. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
You want good stereo buy Yamaha, Denon, Tannoy,PMC............
21. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The ones speakers are still phone speakers, therefore the sound reproduction sucks, has virtually no soundstage and has no real bass/highs etc etc etc. If you want good speakers you spend $ on speakers not a phone with some gimmicky speakers that are still bad.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good job HTC!
10. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Why do they even put the speakers at the back?
Do they expect us to leave our phones face down?
I really agree that Front Speakers should be already a standard on mobile phones.
18. ErikSax (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 May 2009)
Speakers have traditionally been separated from the "voice" microphone to prevent uncontrollable feedback loops from occurring during speaker-phone conversations (especially on full-duplex phones, which keep the voice mic active while the speaker is receiving audio from the person at the other end of the call). By placing the speaker at the rear of the phone, the volume of the incoming caller (and all other speaker functions like music, which often uses the same amplifier) can be boosted to higher volumes without the howl of feedback. Placing the speakers on the front involves a higher degree of phone body and amp design to overcome the natural tendency for feedback from the looping of mic sound with speaker sound. Just stand in front of a monitor with a live microphone to mimic the feedback effect.
17. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sammy.. Moto.. Sony.. LG.. (and anyone else) are you paying attention here?!?!
22. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Samsung has made phones before with stereo front facing speakers, most manufacturer have. While they are nice they come with some major problems, the One suffers from the problems but not as bad because they made some sacrifices.
19. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Since my HTC one's speaker is freaking awesome .
I think HTC is on the right track .
23. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Right now the One is HTCs last hope and it is failing, too bad HTC probably won't be around that much longer.