An Apple iPad developer spills the beans on Apple's security methods
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Sep 2011, 00:35
A developer who claims to have been the sixth person to receive an Apple iPad, recently talked to Business Insider about the security methods used by Apple to make sure that there were no leaks about the tablet, and if info did make it to the outside world, Apple could figure out who squealed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArmageddonX posted on 10 Sep 2011, 00:42 9 7
This article made me laugh. Apple certainly thinks highly of themselves, don't they? It sounds like some freemason ritual LOL
22. G-Reg (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 10:23 6 1
Definitly worth a giggle or two. Its almost like they are protecting alien tech that is makeing there device superior. For the slow ones (gemini) that was a joke.
Apple effectivly creates there own reality. By believing they have been given a gift from the gods(jobs), and marketing it and protecting it as such has created a tumble effect to the masses.
I just see the sheep bleeting now."WOW, It has to be AMAZING! and full of inovations to be THIS protected"
52. ogre150 posted on 11 Sep 2011, 00:21 4 0
It sounds like that movie Antitrust with Ryan Phillipe, Tim Robbins, and Rachel Leigh Cook. Where they were killing off some of the people that worked at Robbins' software company and even some homebrew programmers and then stealing there ideas. Cuz Tim Robbins is Steve Jobs and Ryan Phillipe is Andy Rubin and they are trying to steal all of Phillipe/Rubin's ideas(Android) and make some super special software(iOS).
Yeah that's Apple n Google right there. iOS stealing from Android.
3. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 01:17 7 0
I don't think the Manhattan project had security that tight.
*waits to see how many people ask what the Manhattan project is*
30. nb2six posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:38 1 0
In this day and age it wouldn't surprise me that few really know what the manhattan project was.
45. aldridhl posted on 10 Sep 2011, 20:41 1 0
heh anyone who paid attention in high school history would
67. Prime101 (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 15:34 1 0
I heard that Apple bought Fluffy [The Three-headed dogs from harry potter 1]
to guard the entrance of the room where the Iphone 5 was developed.
4. cheetah2k posted on 10 Sep 2011, 01:25 15 3
Reading this thread makes me laugh also. It's not like the ipad was a secret Military weapon of some sort... Apple = bunch of jokers..
5. gallitoking posted on 10 Sep 2011, 01:36 4 13
A respectable cell phone website like Phone Arena knows that if it is about Apple, not only would it be of interest among the forum..... but will fueled the phone war that has been to the max, but will soon end once the iphone5 is released leaving android and the crappy nexus.... in the dust...
Ps.. it also has two rottweilers guarding the entrance to the room in case some of Sammy's goons would want to take notes
8. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 02:24 5 1
So what excuse will you pull for being an elitist douche this time, Gallito?
16. remixfa posted on 10 Sep 2011, 05:54 7 0
no worrys sniggs,
he is still pretending to be an elitist douche. he still doesnt have an iphone. As taco would probably say, hes too poor to get one.. lol
34. AndroidtopsApple posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:13 5 1
Gallitoking, every time I see a post by you, it makes me wanna throw up. Crappy Nexus? you know the first Nexus and every Nexus coming out will be better than your iphone
55. gallitoking posted on 11 Sep 2011, 11:24 0 2
@AndroidtopsApple..is not me that makes you throw up... is the cheap liquor you drink... and if i am .. what kind of loser are you that throws up by just reading.....I know important people... and none own a nexus... most of them own iphones.. so tell me of 5 important people that own nexus............................exactly
61. PGSMan (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:12 1 0
"I know important people... and none own a nexus... most of them own iphones.. so tell me of 5 important people that own nexus". So a device is only great if important people use it? No offense, bud, but if you think like that perhaps you'd be more interested reading vogue or vanity fair. And I'm not here to bash the iphone. Honestly, it's a great device, I just like android better.
63. gallitoking posted on 11 Sep 2011, 21:25 0 0
why is it a every loser always apply something.. to everything..dude i am only talking about.. listen.. cellphones.. dont apply this to your everyday life... if you want advise for you life .... for that i do charge...
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 02:09 4 6
I can explain this to the fandroids. By Apple keeping the iPhone and then the iPad secret it gave them a huge competitive advantage which = more money.
Also Apple creates a lot of hype around their products because of their secrecy which = more money.
7. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 02:23 4 3
How condescending of you, which is ironic because I think everyone here KNOWS THAT ALREADY.
Also, because you have yet to understand several concepts despite them being explained to you dozens of times by multiple people.
11. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 10 Sep 2011, 03:54 1 3
taco, you have to draw it in force close errors for sniggly to understand.
13. Whateverman posted on 10 Sep 2011, 04:58 6 1
    
    
    
    
___ o ___
Com'on, if you're a loyal ios user, I know you've seen it a million times by now. It's the iOS version of "Force Close"! Lol!
15. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Sep 2011, 05:48 1 0
Hmm, i have never used IOS, but i dod not even know IOS had a force close . Does it really look like that ?
17. remixfa posted on 10 Sep 2011, 05:55 4 1
iOS crashes as much as android USED to. iFans just like to pretend it doesnt.
24. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 11:55 0 2
Yes exactly right unless you've actually used both or have read a review and then it's exactly the opposite. But facts don't matter to you.
28. ngo2dd posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:09 1 0
I am going to call BS on you please tell me what android device have own. Not just play with for 5 min. I own an ipod 4G and yes they do force close they just don't tell you. It just send you to the home screen
35. AppleDev (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:18 0 0
Fud. Nuff Said
23. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 11:54 0 2
You've never used iOS and yet you bash it. That would make you ignorant.
26. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:02 3 0
Note how Taco never actually denies that Whateverman is speaking the truth; he simply ignores him. :)
31. Whateverman posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:52 2 0
I noticed. :)
38. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:32 0 2
Talking about force closes on iOS is so laughable it doesn't deserve a response considering you two use android.
40. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:52 1 0
I use Android and Windows, but Whateverman here has explained multiple times that he owns and uses an iPad.
Way to pay attention, Taco.
Oh, and also way to avoid denying that force closes happen on iOS.
49. Devon (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 22:22 2 0
I use an ipad 2 and an iphone 4, the force close for the ios just brings you back to the homescreen, so of course no force close notification, but it's the same thing.
68. darth8ball posted on 12 Sep 2011, 16:05 0 0
A magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat creates money... people pay to see it and be entertained by it. It doesn't mean he is actually pulling a rabbit from the hat, it's an ILLUSION.
Marketing and advertising are the best examples of magic in commerce today. Even product pricing....199.99 looks better to the eye that 200, but go to the store and buy it the cash register figures the taxes on the purchase @ $200 and that's the facts.
Apple has been for a long time the best at marketing their products, it's an ILLUSION
10. ivanko34 posted on 10 Sep 2011, 03:10 1 2
Must be ugly to work for apple
Since some weeks the face of apple has changed from cool company to horrible
12. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Sep 2011, 04:56 3 1
Next, Apple builds it's own prison. Every apple employee that needs to test out the iphone or developer that want to develop apps, are being put in the prison with the iphone for a few months. with only a few drops of water and one piece of stale bread for food.
14. Loki (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 05:05 3 0
or an apple.
18. andro (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 06:19 2 0
More disgraceful behaviour from apple again,the only reason they get away with this tyranny is all the brainless islaves buying every so called new product.
An APPLE can be rotten and have worms inside.....islaves still eat it anyhow
19. captn3x posted on 10 Sep 2011, 08:20 0 0
I will start by saying I hate apple but not because of there products. I hate Apple because of the cult following they have. If any other company took these kind of security steps, banned Apps only to later steel them, or even reverse the way a mouse scroll wheel works, they would be chastised. I swear I could stamp an apple logo on Jobs's turd and sell it on ebay for $100. Anyway, that being said, this secrecy policy is what gets apple so much free publicity. It works well for them and it ticks me off. Lol
20. Unbelievable (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 09:51 0 0
They're playing Area 51 here. ridiculous..
21. Unbelievable (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 09:56 0 0
They're playing Area 51 here.Ridiculous....
25. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 11:57 0 3
Lmao at fandroids mad at Apple for having sound business practices.
27. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:03 2 0
Who says any of us are really mad? I for one think it's simply hilarious, and yet I still get the logic behind their security.
33. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:00 1 2
The many posts here that say I hate Apple shows fandroids are mad. Why would it be hilarious?
36. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:26 2 0
You can hate something without perpetually being mad about it. And the level of security Apple employs has always been hilarious.
37. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:32 0 1
The level of security Apple employs leads to billions more in profit and free publicity. Hating a pc company is pathetic enough, but following articles about that company religiously and posting hate is even more pathetic.
You know what I do if I don't like a company? I don't buy their products. End of story. I don't go around trying to convince everyone I know how bad they are.
39. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 13:50 3 0
And yet here you are, as often as not bashing the hell out of Android, its manufacturers, and users while singing Apple's praises all day long.
Like I said three times now, I get the logic behind the security. It makes sense. But to the average person any kind of super tight security over consumer products is plain ludicrous. We normally associate security with items that are dangerous in the wrong hands, targeted for destruction, or worth a lot of money. And since no single iPhone is really worth that much, until people see the logic behind protecting trade secrets and creating hype, they'll think it's funny.
So lighten up, Taco. Take the iPhone out of your ass. It's obviously causing you discomfort and distorting your reality (as well as making you a liar and hypocrite).
41. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 14:21 0 2
I bash you guys on mostly Apple articles. I rarely post on articles about android phones because frankly I don't care that much.
So you're saying most fandroids aren't smart enough to comprehend the logic behind Apple's security. I agree with that.
42. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 15:32 2 0
No. I'm saying that the average person in general isn't going to care enough to think about it that much.
And it doesn't matter where you bash anything. The fact remains that you bash it. This site is not split into territories. We can all comment wherever and whenever we want. You're the only one crying about this fact.
43. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 17:04 0 2
Everyone can comment wherever except there's a group of fandroids, including you, who post on Apple articles with the only intent of talking s**t. Then you get outraged for being called out on your bs.
44. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 17:23 2 0
Outraged? Lol. Okay. Might want to tone down the ego there. More like I get irritated at the constant barrage of bulls**t and arrogance from you and your ilk.
46. ngo2dd posted on 10 Sep 2011, 20:50 0 0
Hey answer my question what android device have you own? You keep on say how people bash apple without owning it so what have you own?
47. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 21:18 0 0
I've used the thunderbolt, droid charge and further back the htc incredible.
48. ngo2dd posted on 10 Sep 2011, 21:31 1 0
You use them or own them? Because using something for 5 min don't count.
59. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 13:05 0 0
I used each as my main phone for about 1 week. I also currently own a Xoom for my work tablet.
50. Sniggly posted on 10 Sep 2011, 22:36 0 0
And how long did you use each Android phone, Taco?
51. Sniggly posted on 11 Sep 2011, 00:00 1 0
By the way, Taco, nice job staying away from the Bionic review and not chiming in to bash the Bionic for being "ugly" and also not attacking me without provocation.
Oh wait, I'm being sarcastic. You were there and you did ALL of those things. So f**k off with your stupid lies.
54. Dj21o posted on 11 Sep 2011, 09:28 0 0
It is ugly.
69. darth8ball posted on 12 Sep 2011, 16:08 0 0
so what you don't try to help others. if you were sold a fake product at a store when you thought you were buying the real thing you wouldn't try to stop others from being taken advantage of .......
sounds selfish to me
32. AppleSucks (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 12:53 0 0
with so much secrecy
i wonder why apple would make a transparent HQ
(the one that stevie jobie show a couple of week back)