Americans have spent $5.9 billion on iPhone repairs since it was launched
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:43
Since the first iPhone was released in 2007, Apple has sold a lot of smartphones. Like, a lot of smartphones – well over 100 million of them have been shipped worldwide. Yet at the same time, many of those iPhones have suffered from some kind of damage, and owners have surely spend money on trying to fix their damaged handsets. In fact, SquareTrade estimates that over $5.9 billion have been spent on iPhone repairs for the past 5 years or so...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. rav405 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:56 11
This figure would be less when it comes to Nokia....
18. Sniggly posted on 18 Sep 2012, 09:10 7
The Nokia info graphic would actually be about all the other things its phones break.
3. ajac09 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:57 1
wonder how much other phones bet its less because then there bosses at apple would get angry if they posted it
4. andro. posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:01 8
This is no surprise as they are extremely fragile,plus prone to going faulty after the short one year warranty is up,meaning its expensive all round. I wonder what the figures would be if they factored in the figures also of people who have faulty or out of 1 yr warranty iphones who simply buy the 'new' generation iphone available to them instead of paying for a repair,the figure would rise even further dramatically and alot of apples sources for its sales figures sources would be shown.
33. HäckeMáte posted on 19 Sep 2012, 00:17 0
sorry to break it to you (no pun intended) but its not so much the fact that it can break, but rather that people are willing to have it repaired. Where as a blackberry would've been tossed in the garbage (probably how it broke to begin with)
btw your iHumor is iHilarious
19. darkkjedii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 11:45 1
Wow dro. Do u ever have anything good/nice to say about apple lol?
5. darkkjedii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:02 0
The u know who users r gonna have a field day with this article.
9. eisenbricher posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:14 22
lol you are the most puzzling character I've ever seen on PA :)
28. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:07 4
I agree...iLover falling into Android community tempted by Windows. And yet, still thinks of Symbian!!!
30. Bernoulli posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:14 1
Don't forget that MeeGo ! ;)
34. Nathan_ingx posted on 19 Sep 2012, 06:38 1
...(finally adds) and wants MeeGo!! :D
36. Bernoulli posted on 19 Sep 2012, 18:19 0
7. networkdood posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:09 7
Apple is running a great racket - bad for consumers (although, cheaper than insurance), and great for APPLE. Perhaps if the phones did not crack so easily....
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:11 12
Husband yells to his wife, "Honey, please come and help me find my iPhone. I found the 'i' but i can't find the phone." :D
12. rusticguy posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:23 1
5 billion for shipment of 100 million is just $50/phone sold. man apple must be badly disppointed .. what's $50/phone additional revenue when small thing like Lightening sells for $30 :D
20. Truth posted on 18 Sep 2012, 11:46 1
It is actually closer to 6 billion and from the title it is only from Americans. I am sure the rest of the world has spent some money on repairs. The 100 million sold is from global sales and the 5.9 billion doesn't appear to include the rest of the world.
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:26 3
This is why all the comments about plastic phones are shallow, glass is far more likely to suffer damage. As much as it looks great, it just doesn't cut it when there's that much on a phone.
22. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 12:48 0
This, by god THIS!
21. kunal2609 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 11:57 0
R you considering that the amount of iPhones sold also outnumber android phones??!
31. 305Bucko posted on 19 Sep 2012, 00:06 2
Not to mention that most android phones are not worth repairing lol
23. jibraihimi posted on 18 Sep 2012, 13:09 1
Ooh no here also apple leading the chart............ :(
After making many of it's developers millionaire, now apple is also making many of it's technicians millionaire......... Now if any other manufacturer makes more breakable phone then all are also gonna be 'isued'..........
24. phonemonkey posted on 18 Sep 2012, 13:16 2
thank you apple,
I love my iphone repair job :)
27. matrix_neo posted on 18 Sep 2012, 14:19 1
So bad for iphone users... They already spent considerable amount of money in buying iphone, repairing it gives another burden. So sad still many buy a "premium phone".
I hope this article will stop ifans from criticizing android cheap builds, but still few of them will not stop coz their minds has been "hypnotized" by a rotten fruit. LOL
29. matrix_neo posted on 18 Sep 2012, 16:01 0
Congrats to ifans for making apple billionaire and technicians as well. You have new iphone, how much do you think it will add to $5.9 Billion? I'm glad i owned galaxy phone, it's cheap and plasctic made, no need to spend billion dollars for repair. LOL again....
35. CheerfulCharlie posted on 19 Sep 2012, 09:36 0
So, THAT is what the politicians meant when they said that the new iphone would add billions to the economy! Epic fail.