American Apple iPhone users spend more time each day with their phone than Android users
0. phoneArena 03 Jun 2013, 02:31 posted on
According to a study by Experian, Apple iPhone users in America spend an average of 1 hour and 15 minutes using their handset on an average day; this compares to the average 49 minutes spent daily on their phone by Android users in America. Overall, the typical American smartphone owner uses his or her handset for 58 minutes on average, each day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Crappy OS + iphone users = longer time to navigate.
How long does it take to turn something like wifi off on android? A few second, just pull down the menu and hit the toggle. On an iphone you have to go search for the settings app that you tucked away in a folder then find the wifi toggle in the settings then go back to what you were doing.
12. Alex123 (Posts: 166; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I fully support your idea. Nothing improved for Iphone and one so boring thing is its design look so ugly
21. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
2007 ios= 2013 ios
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Actually, my personal opinion is because of games. Every 8 out of 10 iOS users (be it the iPhone or iPad), i tend to see them being glued to a game. I can understand how some games can be addictive, but many of them just go overboard with the amount of time spent on smartphone games.
32. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
yea people on a crappy iphone have to wait for their slow processors and limited amount of ram to do anything, meanwhile android users can quickly navigate to the app they want and send a text in half the time as an iphone user with swype (or something just as quick).
36. stealthd (Posts: 870; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah...no. That's not going to translate to an extra 26 minutes of usage per day. And if people do need to switch wifi on and off frequently, why would they hide the settings app in the first place?
37. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 154; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Yeah... not really. The Wi-Fi is actually the second thing on the settings list. It's not a big time waster as you think.
2. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Apple user got no life lol. Its weird because PA doesnt let me to type apple 'ship' if u knw what i mean. Definitely a 'ship' website
30. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Funny because I can type it... "Apple sheep"
Maybe you just can't spell?
3. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Highly thought of QWERTY keyboard? SWIFTKEY comes to mind, i don't have to toggle back and forth to find numbers or symbols.
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Ahh ... they just love to stare at their iconic phones.
5. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I love the majority of iphone users that just text, use facebook and play angry birds all day. The same thing a phone that you can get for $100 off contract can do better.
38. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 154; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
And how is that different than using an Android phone?
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So that means iPhone users waste too much productive time just navigating back and forth? Approx 30 min/day loss of productive time could be a huge national loss. Did anyone compute the loss Apple is causing to nation (besides not paying taxes of course by stashing the funds abroad)?
7. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Very very rough estimate:
Esimated they have sold about 55.75 million iphone 5's. So that means about 132.4986470482 years used a day if every one was used. If the same amount of android phones were used then its only 86.56578273815 years a day so iphones was 46 more years a day on average than android.
8. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
exactly. cause everytime they REGRET buying an iphone and spend more time finding flaws. :P
9. Trex95 (Posts: 521; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Android user busy with Rom's, root, bencmhark and over clocking there phones unless if you own the Nexus.
Iphone user busy with facebook, apps and camera.
11. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Only like 1% of android users even know what rooting their phone is outside of the phrase "jailbreaking your android."
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U know too tell u the truth I almost bought the first original iPhone when they launch the high price at 349 1st gen. Just glad I made the right choice waiting and bought Android. And after all the glitches they had so I was happy I didn't wast my money on iPhone.
10. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
its because these people dont know what the hell their iphones doing lol
13. boosook (Posts: 779; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
That's because Android is more efficient in finding the things and information we need! ;)
14. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Actually those users are still clueless about how the is**t works?
15. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Actually the user asks siri where's the pub. And it shows the result as church? So you know now how people spend time with iPhone.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I just asked Siri what's a dumb post, and she said dan86's
20. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
You asked to the wrong thing.
I asked to S-Voice, Google Voice and Bing, all of them said darkkjedii is crap.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Be original or be silent. Oh, and you forgot the word "do" Einstein.
31. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Ironic that an Apple fanboy calls someone out on being original. FAIL
34. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
16. jameshoe (unregistered)
I spent 13hours for using my iPhone 4s on first dayO.o
18. Fuego84 (Posts: 250; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Where do these guys get this info. I use my android all day and end up charging it 3 times, morning, afternoon, and evening before bedtime.
23. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well according to your fellow android fanboys this means you have no life
seriously everyone is different and whats funny is android fanboys claim there more techy and spend more time customizing etc then when an article like this comes out they attack apple users for doing what they claim to do-spending time on there phones
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO you trapped him. He has no comeback.
19. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Your Siri is still learning spend some more time with it. And it'll call you Justin Biber ;)
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
What a dumb a$$ statement. I'm a American I don't own any iproducts. I spent more time on my Android device roughly 2-3 hrs. I don't USE FB TWITTER like some addicted people do. I only Use Android too download free movies/music stream videos n my music. Think this analyst is in over their head. Oh yeah did I mentioned I can watch porn on Android more than iOS?
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Re read your post. It was actually redundant dude.
29. jlim33 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I spend 2 hours on my ipad because of the games that are only found on ios and also intense games like infinity blade. Safari is also my choice.
33. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
iPhone users got lost with Apple maps so they have to keep searching to find the correct route
39. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
It's because we enjoy our devices more then android users.