Amber update hits AT&T's Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2013, 16:00 posted on
AT&T customers with a Nokia Lumia 920 or Nokia Lumia 820 are going to be dancing the happy dance like Snoopy today; what will bring on such rapture? How about the long awaited Amber update which is finally rolling out to those two handsets on Thursday from AT&T. While the update is coming OTA, the nation's second largest carrier suggests it be downloaded using a Wi-Fi connection...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Att dropped the ball on this one for sure. Should have never taken so long
6. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I agree...it just stinks because they were the first out of the gates
5. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
F'ing 1020 just bricked on me. Did a hard reset and damn it if I didn't get the gears of death. Thank god I have my note 3
7. ahhxd717 (Posts: 302; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
How are you liking the Note 3 compared to your WP? Just wondering.
8. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I really miss the aesthetics of wp8 and tried to go back to android with the n4 early this year and hated it. I'm finding with the note 3 that this is something completely different. I've had it a week and have struggled with so many options whether it be the spen or the OS but I'm really starting to enjoy it. The screen is amazing, pictures are just okay ( my 1020 was a lot more clear and detailed). I'm really trying to wrap my head around touch wiz.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1401; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Did you try doing a hard reset? Also let it die completely, then put it back to charge, should be back to normal
13. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Yes sir I sure did. Frustrating to say the least. Att is sending me a new one (Not refurbished).
16. Bernoulli (Posts: 1401; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Nice man haha hopefully that doesn't happen to mine
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Samsung needs to clean touch wiz, it has quite a few anoyances But its still fairly nice, I just find the note 3 way too big, so I think I'll settle with the nexus 5, but honestly android has improved quite a bit during the past months
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Man that sucks! Have you checked forums for an easy fix? Or you gonna have to take it to the company?
12. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If nothing else, it has a one-year warranty.
14. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
They are replacing it because of the issues. Same thing happened with one of the 920 I had when I did a factory reset.
15. Muzhhur (Posts: 231; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I had flash my 920 with the ATT developer FW. works great, then mexican carrier telcel bring the updete a few days later :)