Amazon's first smartphone pictured again, looks decent
0. phoneArena 01 May 2014, 10:41 posted on
There's nothing truly original about the way the first Amazon handset looks, but this doesn't mean that its design isn't pleasing to the eye...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. HTCOE (Posts: 605; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
you ppl and these bezel obsessions lol... i cant wait until you get your hands on a bezeless phone. i've tested prototypes and they're painful to use in practicality...it's designed for two hand operations only thats why you'll rarely see them bc it wont sell and a bad investment... if so the phone better be compact but then you'll hear "oh...i need screen size and battery and 9gb of ram and 4K, 50mp camera, etc etc etc!!" lol
8. Planterz (Posts: 1453; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I'm not asking for a bezel-less phone. I wouldn't want that - glass edge-to-edge would just mean a higher chance of the screen shattering. I just want proportions to be reasonable. Making a phone unneccsarily large with excessive bezels needs a reason (like waterproofness on a Sony).
Looking at this rendering though (and it is a rendering, not an actual picture), I see that part of the seemingly huge top bezel is some sort of notification bar.
As for the bottom, I hope there's capacitive buttons of some function under the physical completely-not-Samsung-Galaxy-like home button.
15. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Idk, four infra red sensors that allow 3D UI seem like a good reason to me.
17. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Please refer to the LG G2 and the Xperia ZL
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Design looks like a mix of Google Nexus 4 and Apple iPhone 5/5S.
5. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Amazon could sell this phone with minimal or up to 0 profit at all.
12. RandomUsername (Posts: 724; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Looks exactly like the iPhone leaks... a coincidence?
16. TBomb (Posts: 357; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
if this turns out to be the real phone and it sells even marinally good, apple is going to sue before you can even buy one
19. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
People keep saying it looks like the N4 and 5s because they're going from recent memory. This phone actually looks like HTC Diamond from back in the day. I guess that may be where the inspiration for the N4 and 5s may have come from.
As for the bezels, only tech geeks care about bezels. The average consumer could care less. Tech geeks aren't the ones who make or break a phones sales. The average consumer is the one who does that. I for one, don't mind bezels at all. Never bothered me or hindered my use of any device I use.
22. corporateJP (Posts: 2284; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Not bad, though.
I welcome Amazon to the party. One more choice...
23. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Hmm... 720p 4.7 inch screen? Why u no 1080p???
24. jroc74 (Posts: 5260; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This looks better than that prototype.... That some thought was the final product.