Amazon takes aim at the iPad Air with new Kindle Fire banner
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2013, 19:16 posted on
The competition in the mobile world rarely pulls punches when it comes to taking down a newly announced product, but Amazon's new banner is a relatively subtle jab at Apple's new iPad Air compared to what we have seen from some companies like Nokia in the past...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. theaztech (unregistered)
Thats actually a very good line.
The Fire might not be as good of a tablet (to some) but Amazon sure does know how to market it.
7. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Of course they call the need to defend Apple.
12. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
i dunno.. these things have gotten already so small, wouldnt make much of a difference if you made it lighter than air
If the weight is the advantage they are marketing over the iPAD then they are doing it all wrong
2. promise7 (Posts: 868; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Of course it's lighter, it's smaller. That's like touting a laptop is lighter than a desktop PC.
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Well at sea level air weighs around 14.5lbs per SQ inch so...
4. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
they forgot to add thicker, laggier, uglier and more plastic than air
8. sniper1087 (Posts: 499; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
laggier? and uglier? well qualcomm S800 is no sneeze, I have seen reviews and it performs smooth, and cant tell you how many times my ipad 4th gen lags, and uglier? that is also subjective seriously make a point that matters
5. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
One of things I like about Apple is how you can go to the Apple store and try out the new devices. Some people would call this test driving.
It's not until you pick up the device and hold it your hand until you realize what about 1 pound weighs. I bought the iPad Mini immediately when it came out because it was so light compared to my iPad 2.
This time, I am leaving my credit cards at home when when I test drive the iPad Air.
9. sniper1087 (Posts: 499; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
yeah best buy will have both to test drive, so I will go to the store to check them out, the air and HDX.
10. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Doesn't even make sense because it's heavier than the iPad Air
11. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
No. It's. Not.
The Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 = .89 lbs whereas the iPad 'Air' = 1.00 lbs
You're certainly entitled to your own opinions, but Not Your Own Facts.
13. Bryman (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
A better way to be objective is to measure weight per screen inch since they are different screen sizes.
So Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"/0.89 Lb = 1"/Lb
IPad 'Air' 9.7"/1.0 Lb = 0.97"/Lb
Technically, Ipad wins by 0.03"/Lb but this is insignificant. Therefore, I think they are about equal.
14. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Ha! Kindle going against iPad air?!Not a chance..
15. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
would easily take an iPad2 over any edition of a Kindle Fire...even ones to come out in the next 5 years.