Amazon slashes 20% off Kindle prices, price wars with Nexus 7 are officially on
0. phoneArena 09 Dec 2013, 09:42 posted on
Amazon is slashing prices on all its Kindle tablets by a whopping 20% today, so you can get the Kindle Fire HD for as low as $136…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Are devs ready to debloat the HDX and put pure 4.4.1 over the Amazon junk? I might be interesting in a KitKat solution, the price for the HW is awesome.
2. jaytai0106 (Posts: 629; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah, I wouldn't get Fire bc of its own OS... I want the pure android on it :P so I can access all the apps on the market
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Gotta admit, spec-wise the Kindles beat the Nexus tabs, the 7"-er has a particularly nasty beeyatch inside it for $180. But I couldn't and wouldn't use Amazon services, so would put 4.4.1 and Play Store over it on day one. Is that possible yet?
4. ocilfa (Posts: 283; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
If you have another android device, you can create .apk's from free apps you have downloaded from google play. From there, you can load them on the kindle fire and install them.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The hardware does not offend me; I just don’t want a tablet with such a heavy skin job with no access to the play store. But I do think that this tablet is fine for the targeted audience and may be better compared to the Nexus 7. Especially if you have Amazon prime.
7. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
No discount for the Paperwhite, the only Kindle worth getting.