Amazon debuts the powerful Kindle Fire HDX 7 and 8.9
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2013, 03:30 posted on
It wasn't too long ago when Amazon's brand biggest tech achievement was trading online. Thing sure have changed since, for the e-tailer is quickly growing into a quite ambitious project, and one that works...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
No stock android, no thanks.
Anyways, who needs a 2560x1600 screen for reading books?
6. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
with 2560x1600 and s800 im sure you can find other things than read books with that thing. Its just a bonus its got better optimised reading apps. But yeah not so liking its custom android on top of it
22. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
hey do u no whether we can root and add custom roms to kindle ?
20. Commentator (Posts: 3663; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
There's no ";)" in "There's no "*" in you're[.]"
21. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
2. kassi (Posts: 109; Member since: 25 May 2013)
229$ for a snapdragon 800 device with all those other specs is surprising
3. TrueGee85 (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I am actually planning on getting the 7 inch HDX over the 2013 Nexus 7, just because of the snapdragon 800
5. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Don't, the experience on the New Nexus 7 would still be better. Android 4.4 brings the newest kernel only Nexus devices will enjoy that for awhile.
7. jove39 (Posts: 1811; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I thought of same...if don't like mojito, just flash CM or other Rom of your choice...this device is gonna attract lt of devs.
4. x7black7x (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
i don't know why but this doesn't fantasize me that much!
although it is nice as it is so cheap and specs are high end but it just is not made for me!
maybe coz i dont like the amazon stuff on it!
pure android would have rocked the world for me!
8. TrueGee85 (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I love the pure android experience, heck I am typing on my Nexus 4 but I am buying this primarily for gaming and I think Arena 330 for $269 is a steal.
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3712; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Cool, liked the first pic with Hugh Jackman running
14. ashdch99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Wow, that is unbelievably cheap considering those premium specs, I am already considering on buying an 8.9" myself....
15. metalspy101 (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
To Chris P... please stop being a biased bunch...what do you mean by this""while the its bigger sibling has crossed into iPad territory with a 2560x1600 resolution, or 339 ppi""" WHAt you Meant was Nexus 10 territory, sick biased prikks
18. DRAPicard (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
I was considering the 8.9" option but I think they priced themselves a bit too high on it right away. For that price point I would have to really think about it and compare to other options available. I am a HUGE Amazon fan. I have Amazon Prime and was really liking the idea of being able to use it to stream videos and download them to the device for watching on the go. But for $479 for the 64GB WiFi version, that is quite a lot of money! If this was closer to the $350-375 range I would have bought it instantly today. But as it stands I will have to wait and see what happens and how people like it.
I do like the look of the Fire Skin on the updated software though. I think that is definitely a step in the right direction :-)
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Awesome hardware, too bad it runs Amazon's OS and too bad I never had a ROM not have issues that bugged me compared to stock.