Amazon cuts Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III to $139.99 for new customers or $149.99 for upgrades
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2012, 18:04 posted on
Amazon has substantially cut the price of the hottest smartphone on earth, the Samsung Galaxy S III; the online retailer, which has made some news recently with some devices of its own, has taken a razor to the $199.99 price of the phone for Verizon's 4G LTE pipeline...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
That's normal for android devices. They always get a fairly quick price drop.
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, part of that is because other websites can sell the product. It is no big deal as I purchased my DROID RAZR for a penny last November when it was still 299.99. I am glad the price drops as I would hate to spend 199.99 on something that is outdated when it first hits the shelves (not referring to Samsung or Moto here...lol).
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
BTW, when I say I would hate to spend 199.99 on something that is outdated when it hits the shelves, I was speaking of the iphone.
13. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I love how you have to spell out that you were bashing the iPhone so you're Android friends can start liking your comment because otherwise they won't. Desperate for approval......so sad
15. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
wine and cheese, my friend, wine and cheese
16. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
"something that is outdated"
"-1 for truth...cool"
"not referring to Samsung or Moto here"
"BTW...I was speaking of the iphone"
Just saying, you were obviously fishing for likes from you android friends
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
e.n., you need stop crying....and driveling
18. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
and you, like many Android commenters here, need to grow a backbone and not post so everyone can like you.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Price drops are normal so not sure why this is said to be "BAD NEWS" for those who already bought it.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
the bad news is just talk from the snooty iphone elitists...
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
dont amazon allways do this ie undercut everyone,,,dont think this is news really unless verizon themselves actually drop the price...you writing as if once the iphone 5 comes out no one will want an s3 or any other phone...you do know people who want the iphone 5 will wait however long lol even if there is no iphone 5 next week the people who want an iphone 5 will wait regardless if it comes out next week,next month or next year..whos to say that when the iphone is announced and is not that big of a jump, they dont buy the s3 instead..as always there will be 20+ million apple loyalist who buy ONLY apple will buy the iphone 5 regardless but then there will be the other millions who are not blinded by ''brand loyalty'' that will get an s3 or a one x etc...just hate it when people try to say that once the iphone is out no one would want any other phone
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
yes, amazon normally does undercut, as does Walmart. The iphone 4GS (which will be the name of the new iphone) should sell for only 99.99, because that is all it is worth.
9. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
That's your opinion, ijs! Btw, what the hell does the iPhone have to do with this discussion? Very weird.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
iphone is a phone? right? and you were slighting android with your first comment...come on now, do not play dumb.
12. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
I'm slighting android but I'm typing on a one x. I tell ya, android and their loyalists never cease to amaze me. Don't be butt hurt because android devices don't hold retail value because of over saturation. You should be happy because of cheaper flagship devices.