Amazon confirms it sells hardware at cost, not making money on it
0. phoneArena 12 Oct 2012, 06:08 posted on
The Amazon Kindle Fire kickstarted the niche of $199 7-inch tablets that has grown tremendously since then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kirholstov (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They are making money on apps, films, music and books
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
No wonder kindle fire satisfied the most on android tablets...
3. ibap (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
This is not a new model. Think old-style razors with replaceable blades and ink jet printers with cheap printers and expensive ink.
4. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
They won't make money from me when I get one of those 1080p 8.9" tab 'cause I'd be rooting and putting a custom ROM on it and I wouldn't even see a glimpse of the Amazon Ecosystem *that's if devs work on it :p
6. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
And yet Google is still able to sell a better tablet for the same money.
8. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Um no, because
1) This has double the memory.
2) The processor performs higher on benchmarks.
9. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
The benchmarks I found here:http://www.techhive.com/articl
10. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Make no mistake, they will make money off of you in some fashion. They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.