Amazon Kindle phone once again rumored for mid-2013
1. ryq24 (Posts: 660; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
are there too many phone brands already? the market is too saturated already. soon, one by one will start to fall and only the strong will survive!
2. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 250; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
If there weren't Amazon with their Kindle Fire tablets, products like Nexus 7 and iPad mini were never going to exist today:)
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
There are a ton of phone manufacturers, but as far as platforms, it's really just Android and iOS that cover most of the market. Sure, a Kindle phone would be based on Android, but separate enough to be considered a competitor.
I'd like to see more platform competition. iOS vs Android is boring. I'd love to see it be iOS vs Android vs WP vs BB. Any more than that might be too much (sorry Kindle, Firefox, bada, and webOS fans).
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 2127; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yes that would be really exciting to see at least top three or four platforms competing with each other head to head rather than iOS & Android. My friend has already jumped onto the windows phone and I'm looking at blackberry to see if it is worthy enough to switch over from android. But I'm also very interested to see new platforms that are not widely known try to emerge into the market as well. We'll see what happens.
4. kindlefireowner (Posts: 497; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I saw Jeff B. at a restuarant, and he was carrying a phone that looked just like that.
5. Droiddoes (unregistered)
michael h article, better not disagree with him or you'll get modded and or banned!
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You get modded and banned for violating our comment rules, nothing more.
11. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I got banned once and I had absolutely no idea why