Amazon Kindle Fire owns the U.S. Android tablet market with a 37% share
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 11:41 posted on
Mobile app analytics firm Localytics used data from more than half a billion devices and found that the U.S. is the dominant tablet market in the world with 59% of Android tablet sales taking place in the United States; when it comes to Android, the Amazon Kindle Fire leads the way in the states with a 37% market share while the Google Nexus 7 has just 8% of the Android tablet market in the U.S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 5512; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, for those who get the Kindle, mod it and you can get the Play store to work.
7. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
U go Amazon!
U shall kick butt,and I'm saying this in a British accent
9. rf1975 (Posts: 232; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
If this true, then why google & LG saying they can not meet the dimand for Nexus devices. So it is a shame that LG can not not produce few hundred devices per month to meet nexus demand...LOL.
2. papss (Posts: 3397; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Since it owns the market it must be the best right?
3. blingblingthing (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Congrats to the Amazon CEO and Amazon. I watched their presentation and they seem just like Google.
Their philosophy pretty much is that they only make money if you use their services and not just when you buy their products.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand some people claims that nexus 7 will cannibalize and beat kindle, which is not true at all... Consider the Amazon has most satisfied customers among the android maker...
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why so little market share for the nexus 7 ? I think its the best . Stupid consumers everywhere
6. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i think amamzon should make an android base OS not just costumize one.. just like aliyun OS, that would be nice, and they also could name their OS versions!
8. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
That's interesting...considering most android fans will say that the Nexus 7/10 is the best tablet or a variation of a Samsung tablet. Seems like the Kindle is carrying the torch & by quite an amazing lead.