Amazon Kindle Fire outselling Apple iPad at BestBuy.com, leads all Android tablets in Q4 sales
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2011, 15:45 posted on
The latest forecast for tablet sales in the current quarter show that the Apple iPad 2 has a new challenger in the low priced Amazon Kindle Fire; the recently launched tablet is expected to own nearly 14% of the market in the period, outselling all other Android tablets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Obviously Best Buy is lying, Apple is always #1
5. catfacepanda (Posts: 16; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Um, why would Best Buy be lying? They have no reason to. The Kindle Fire is outselling other tablets because of the price point. Use your brain. It's the Christmas season, people want deals and they would much rather spend $199 on a tablet that has both apps and internet, than $600, regardless of brand.
7. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Sarcasm really doesn't translate to the internet.
8. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Thats why you need a sarcasm face like so :) or 0_0
22. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Kindle Fire do not have light sensor, proximity sensor and accelerometer sensor cannot play game like car racing, etc.
2. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Boss Applecis number one by a longshot, but it's not surprising at a $200 price point this tablet will sell. The kindle also has a big advantage over other android tablets. Content.
6. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Yeah has anyone seen the economy lately? People will settle if it's "cheap". And 199$ compared to 499$ is cheap...Really most people don't even know the difference. Only us tech people do. Most people think a tablet is a tablet. It's true. Still. Kudos to Amazon.
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
go.. away.. taco.
only a pathetic individual would get banned and then keep creating new accounts that continually get banned. get a clue.
3. grtphones (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Id take the kindle any day. I hear its nice I'm not surprised its doing so well. Anyone want to buy me one???
4. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Never buy a first generation device. Don't buy it. I didn't wanted to buy the iPad either. It's the iPad 2 when it's second generation you get the huge advantages. Smart cover for the iPad is just great invention (example). You don't need an extra physical board or whatever. And other things.
So apparantly the top selling tablet at BestBuy.com is the kindle fire? Maybe but the kindle fire is only one device, you don't get versions of the kindle fire. While the iPad 2 has a white and black version, a 64GB and a 32GB, etc. If you combine the iPad 2 (all the versions) together then it would outsell.
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Funny... that's the argument that iFanboys always hate Android fans for using.
10. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I read this article also on various sites. And they said it's because of the kindle fire has just one version. Srr it's not only my opinion. Nice try thought.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
He didn't say it was your opinion but you have to admit its funny. Anytime that is brought up regarding iOS sales vs Android everyone shoots it down. Now that its the other way around it makes perfect sense...
12. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
ptt why do I even try first alinea my opinion second what I've read on various site. So that's it. That's all that i got to tell you about this.
19. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Here's a source iamcc.
reliable souce it's an old article that means PA is late with this. And 9to5mac is also used as a source by PA.
Now don't comment blindly on me like people do on remixfa.
So iamcc, you see the only differents between me and the rest is that i give a source here (and more information). Now you can't question it anymore. Now reply pls with I agree or I disagree or whatever.
25. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I wasn't commently blindly. I said what because if you re read your post it made no sense. I understand now but if you read post #12 it obviously is ver y poorly written.
31. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Srr that it is poorly written. It's pretty old article this.
29. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
aww.. thanks tacohunter :)
while i completely understand that you were just parroting opinions from another article that you read, you do have to admit that its a turn of the tables. every time we talk about iOS vs Android miz or taco or galito will give the "1 device vs an army" excuse. Now its a reversal of that.
Besides, as far as I can tell, all ipad sales are still lumped under "ipad". Very rarely do apple sales get broken down into individual variations like they do with android sales... which is something that ive rallied against multiple times.
We all knew the fire was going to be successful. Heck, even I didnt think it would swallow all other android tablets within like 2-4 weeks of its launch. Thats rather impressive no matter what side of the fence you sit on. But we are still looking at "estimates" not hard sales numbers, so who knows exactly what will happen.
now that that is all out of the way, i got 2 things.
1) where is the transformer in those numbers? somehow asus got completely skipped and they are second only to samsung in tablet sales.. ok well 3rd now to amazon.. lol.
2) go fire go! the more they sell, the more downward pressure on the market we see.. the more cheap yet good tablets we will see.. and maybe just maybe we might see the end to 600+ tablets.
35. Goldeneye (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Yeah me too but should this table be considered an Android one? No Google services whatsoever, no market, I know I know Android is buried somewhere inside and rooted would be a different story but still I wouldn't consider it an android device and remember the reason behind just about everyone's using Android is because is open (pretty much anybody can modify it) and FREE and yes I'm an android user as well.
15. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Google and company (Adroid, Google+, Chrome, Chrome OS) You have to admire Google's courage and confidence to push technology forward. That's what I call hot.
16. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I bought the Kindle Fire as a gift. It's perfect and feels like quality.
17. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
But for myself, I will get the Samsung Galaxy 7" plus tablet.
18. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I agree with Shelley. The kindle fire is a good but the galaxy tab 7.0 plus is the best 7inch tablet right now, although way over priced.
Kindke fire IMO is good. Dual core processor but 512 ram? Bought the nook tablet for my mom for Xmas and returned the fire.
24. squeeb (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I like the Galaxy...but the price has to come down before I'll pull the trigger.
20. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 is great but Kindle Fire I will wait for a newer model. $200 is very cheap for tablet but performance is not the same as Samsung Galaxy Tab and iPad.
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I saw the GALAXY TAB 7" at Costco for 429.00 today, I believe - that is not a bad deal. I may get one when they go to 299.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Lol is fine congrats... to Amazon.... fandroids are all over this.... what gets me is that fandroids praised the Galaxy Tab... and the one selling is the Kindle Fire... and now they read the title.and even slow poke Sniggly came here with quickness... finally it show.. specs.. means nothing... i will repeated for the flash enabled devices.... specs... means nothing.... thank...
26. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Ah come on now Gallitoking. Did you have a rough day :)
The Kindle and Galaxy both have great features, and both based
on Android's platform (basically). Competition is great right ?
27. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
There is something for everyone, Am I correct?
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i think gallito just hates choice. why chose between different devices when apple can just tell u what you need.
the tab is great.. but i think asus is much more compelling. The fire... catching fire.. is the best thing that could happen to the market as it should make tablets cheaper for everyone.. even you apple die hards.
32. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I have both ipad2 and kindle fire, since i had the kindle fire the last 3 weeks i have turned my ipad2 on once. i love both but i perfer the kindle fire.