Amazon Appstore for Android reaches 50,000 apps
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2012, 12:35 posted on
The Amazon Appstore started with a bang but not necessarily in a good sense - Apple threatened to sue, but finally everything settled quietly and it became…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
They are really awesome. Supplement my Google Play nicely.
2. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I only buy my Apps' from the Play Store because, the fact that Apple dropped its' lawsuit against Amazon can only mean that Apple and Amazon have some sort. of monetary agreement; I refuse to let Apple profit from my purchases. I also don't want Amazon to take over my legitimate Play Store Apps', like it did when I installed Angry Birds Seasons not too long after they launched their store. Had to do a factory reset. just to clear everything up' because my Play Store (Market back then) apps' disappeared from "My Apps'".
3. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Apple already got your money dude, if you own an android phone. So you might as well you the amazon store.
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You are confusing Apple with Microsoft; Microsoft gets a share of Android OS, not the iViL Empire.
6. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Actually, no. He's right. Apple gets a cut from pretty much every major Android manufacturer for one patent or another.
7. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Actually PAPINYC is right. Microsoft gets a share from Google Android, not Apple.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I never said PAPINYC was wrong. Microsoft does get a cut from Google. I just said kindlefireowner was right. Also, I never said Apple gets a share from Google. I said they get it from some of the Android maunfacturers. Try reading carefully before you try to refute someone next time.
5. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Very confusing between Amazon Apps Store, Apple and Google Play Store. How can you buy from Amazon in your phone.
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wish amazom just make their own OS and dont rely on android too much.... but i kinda like the new kindles though..