Aluminum Nokia EOS chassis leaks out, 41 MP PureView sensor stamped in
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 05:16 posted on
An engineering prototype of the Nokia EOS has leaked, and this one is crafted out of aluminum, instead of the allegedly polycarbonate body we've seen leaked before. We heard about an aluminum-clad EOS way back in January, when it was reported that PureView Phase 1 in the Nokia 808 PureView, which brought along lossless zoom and pixel oversampling, and PureView Phase 2, which inserted optical image stabilization in a smartphone for the first time, will be kept separate this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. Penny (Posts: 951; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Uh, 11+11+7+13 = 42.
Sometimes there's no hidden message.
42. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1796; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
+100 to you. I love that everyone thumbed it up without even bothering to check the math. People will believe anything they hear.
44. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And then, the plate says only Zeiss instead of Carl Zeiss.
48. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I think its Carl Zeiss. I don't think they will degrade their camera. May be they have written in short.
46. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Perhaps there is a hidden message... 42 is the Ultimate Answer, to life, the universe, and everything.
2. tech2 (Posts: 1121; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
that bulge for camera looks pretty small in these pics as compared to earlier leaks
6. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
earlier leaks was eos's.this time its eos2 as per rumours
3. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Definitely,Nokia EOS will beat the hell out of Samesung Galaxy S4 Zoom,HTc One & Sony Xperia Z.
10. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
what for if zoom beats eos(actually doesn't) for u dont carry a 1.5cm and 208gm device
47. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Camera wise it will but, Nokia and WP still have a long way to go in other important categories before their beating "the hell out of" Android.
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
wat would be commercial name of eos?any guesses?maybe lumia 1020?
11. raunak (Posts: 479; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I don't think Nokia will use a number bigger than 1000. They'd change their naming scheme before it gets to that. This one can be 930, 940 or even 950.
7. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
phone arena just couldn't resist adding that crap at the end. The 808 absolutely destroyed the galaxy camera in tests conducted by gsm arena: This will do the same.
54. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
we all know that any phones can't compare with 808 only eos will.
62. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
because PA is a indirect paid worker for "Samdung" and android i guess
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This will eat Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.
16. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Now that we are sure it has 41MP, it sure will !
30. zuckerboy (Posts: 626; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
did i mentioned to the galaxy or something? don't be a fanboy nokia will never come back with these bulky devices
32. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
nokia have device named lumia 925.google it or search in PA itself
34. zuckerboy (Posts: 626; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
wow of course know the 925 ! and i didn't say all lumias are bulky. İf you READ my comment again you'll see the 920
35. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Galaxy Zoom looks like camera and for normal people this is camera with the possibility of calling!Nokia for the moment makes good smartphones with very good camera and S4 zoom it's not a lumia competition but smart camera(like it or hate it! )
40. haseebzahid (Posts: 1762; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
remeber Galaxy camera hope you do it failed not cuz of its bulku and size or weight but its picture quality was s**ty as a 2 mpix 4 years old camera and u say its cemera.n not looks another stunt by samsung "when there is nothing to be copied Samsung makes trash cans"
26. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
how come you dont know meaning of brick but u know how to type?u must be pathetically trained bot right?
53. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's not bulky it's call body builder.
do u know Nokia 808 have huge chest about 60" isn't
63. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
you are the fanboy here. for Samdung - if you have the guts tell us what mobile you have right now!!!!
66. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
ha ha ha, so you ARE USING NOKIA N73 IN 2013!!!! get real!
68. zuckerboy (Posts: 626; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes my curently phone is n73 and i love my phone. if you dont trust me this is your problem :)
27. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 199; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I think S4 zoom is just a midrange phone so it will be easily beaten by this beautiful beast overall.
29. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
So many comments deleted, for what reason PhoneArena?? You hate us ......
67. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
a democratic site acting like a monarchy!!!
64. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
thats because they dont like the Nokian, nokians. They are just paid workers for samdung
37. -box- (Posts: 3536; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I like the size of this camera housing better, but prefer the placement (closer to center) of the other prototypes. IMHO the circle needs to be equidistant from each of the nearest 3 edges.
Also, I hope there are both polycarbonate and metal versions, of only to stifle any baseless qualms regarding quality materials.
I hope the mechanical shutter seen on Vizileaks is on the final product
43. papss (Posts: 2871; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Looks great in metal but worry about the durability versus the usual polycarbonate lumias. Looks amazing though.
45. PhoneCritic (Posts: 331; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I say it all the time - Nokia is Great when it comes to cameras ( I feel they should compete with Nikon, Fuji, Kodak etc...) no doubt this camera will be the camera to beat. However, a smartphone is more than just it's camera and this is where Microsoft need to step up its game. Nokia can keep pushing the limit on the hardware side but until MS ups the features and eco-system this device will just be a great DSLR competitor for photo enthusiast.
49. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1123; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i don't think so when it comes to real camera, Nokia is not strong enough because until this day they can't make high quality lens and camera sensor.
if i'm not wrong Nokia use toshiba sensor on 808 and Sony sensor on 920/928/925
just great software on pureview is not good enough, because the top dog you mention they also have great software and many other great tech.
so it will be a long way to go for Nokia if they want to compete with Nikkon, Fuji, Kodak etc...
57. lkjhg755 (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
How is this a "first true camera phone" after they already lumia 920, iPhone 5, gs4 ,HTC one, etc. which all already take camera level pictures?
60. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Now where is that stupid samdung fanboy , who mentioned XX means 20 or less than 20. Nokia FTW!!!! Ha ha ha ha
61. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
And actually I think Samdung S4 zoom is pregnant!!! see the bump in its belly!!!! ha ha ha