Aluminum Nokia Catwalk smartphone poses for the camera
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 02:32 posted on
We've heard plenty of rumors about the elusive Nokia smartphone codenamed "Catwalk", which expected to offer Lumia 920-esque hardware packed inside a slimmer, metal-made body. However, this has to be the first time we get to see what the handset might actually look like, if this latest leak is to be trusted. The images of an alleged Nokia Lumia smartphone surfaced earlier on the internet via Chinese website Baidu. To be honest, it doesn't look particularly pretty in this form, but who knows, it might be just an early prototype. Although the handset is supposed to be constructed using aluminum elements, the back appears to be made of plastic. Its frame, on the other hand, might very well be made of aluminum...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
is it necesarry ? same as 920 ? maybe camera better ?
9. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
yes it is. metal body makes phone so beautiful and elegant. i bought htc one because of this :)
10. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yes, but i simply/absolutely loved the Nokia's logo placement on the 920/820/620. That is, at the top right corner of the phone. It was extremely stylish with that typeface!
Now they seem to move the logo back to the top center, just the same as the other phones..
34. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
looks as if it came from a page of HTC's design books.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Metallic cyan catwalk will look drop dead gorgeous! This design is good enough, though I don't like protruding cameras. They force you to use a case to protect it.
Also, I wish the back cover to be removable. Seems like it is, looking at image.
37. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
chrome phones in Black or Silver would be awesome
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'd rather believe the one that came up here last week with the Xenon flash.
I've heard rumors of the 928 being similar to the 920, and if that's right, the device shouldn't stray away much from the 920.
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
specs are not mind blowing and the phones looks thick as well.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's a different version of L920 so it's similar and this phone will hit T-Mobile.
6. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
It really doesn't look much thinner than my 920. The thing that gets me is the mic on top. Its not the same as the 920's HAAC mic. It looks like just a standard microphone.
8. Sarajevo (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Maybe this is picture of EOS with 41 Mpx camera? Because of big camera on the backside? And this is not like L920 at all...
26. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I doubt it. That 41mp camera comes with a Xenon flash, which requires a bit more room.
13. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
It can not be Catwalk. The back looks ugly. Nokia can not make ugly phones, I believe!
15. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Love the whole aluminium look, but the camera design. Nope. Too much HTC here, I kind of hope this is a fake. :/
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No! NO! I hope that this isn't the real Catwalk! The back is......oh my god! Please don't tell me this is real! x(
17. muitosabao (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
i can confirm that this is the real deal. i know someone who works at vodafone, and they're testing it. he says it looks great, super light and thin and has the N9 double tap to wake up feature!
18. Credo (Posts: 705; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
It is UGLY :) please improve the Lumia's 920 design , don't start with a total new look, this thing is ugly as hell :(
19. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 560; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
My guess is that it's an early prototype or a fake. The design elements look more like an HTC phone.
20. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
I don't like the camera design. It ruins the back of the phone.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This phone dosen't look like a "catwalk, more like sumo wrestling phone"™
is it still the same thickness and big huge wide and brick?
We will have to wait and see the final feautres and dimensions!
So Nokia calls this thier phone a catwalk cause its slim and has a PV808 camera...?
What a joke, phones like oPPo5 are at 7mm™
22. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The front is okay, the back is not! Hope this is only a prototype...
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 560; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
If that is the real deal then it's the Pontiac Aztek of phones.
24. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Give it a brightly colored aluminum coat. (replaceable back!)
25. amats69 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh I'm sorry Nokia fans but it is ugly...esp the back. Hopefully this is not the real thing.
28. amats69 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I mean the front is ok.but the back is ugly.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
looks nice. definitely reaffirms the fact that Nokia is one of the front runners in design and engineering in this game.
35. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
It is looking high end and smooth! nokia is gonna make a good apperance for sure!