Alltel Touch Gets Rev. A Update
HTC Touch Specifications | Review
***Attention Sprint and Verizon customers: if you try and flash this you WILL brick your device!***
Update: Sprint, Verizon and other CDMA Touch users can now get Rev A and GPS, see our new post here.
1. Casper (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
verizon needs to start being a leader instead of a follower! They spend too much time with rolling out employee criterias and calling/data plans that they forget that people want the most for their money! VZW stop taking from the customer and start giving us what we pay for!
2. VZ_Junkie (unregistered) posted on 23 Apr 2008, 17:31 0 0
Duh, VZW already has Rev A, just not "the Touch". Alltel also brags they have the largest network, LOL
11. Alltel Rep (unregistered) posted on 06 May 2008, 14:55 0 0
It dose have the Largest footprint do your home work!
3. (unregistered) posted on 23 Apr 2008, 20:02 0 0
verizon has Rev. A, but not on any phones...who cares if the network is Rev. A if you can't access it without an additional $60/month for an aircard.
4. Matt (unregistered) posted on 24 Apr 2008, 18:46 0 0
To be honoest, due to the speed of the processor of the phone, the data speed will benefit little if at all from the Rev A upgrade. The only read benefit to rev on a handheld is for tethered internet access as the phone is just a modem at that point.
5. Alex (unregistered) posted on 25 Apr 2008, 06:53 0 0
Rev A allows you to have both a data and voice connection open at the same time.
6. ev01 (unregistered) posted on 25 Apr 2008, 08:28 0 0
Got 955k downstream after the upgrade... haven't tested data and voice call at the same time.
7. (unregistered) posted on 25 Apr 2008, 20:27 0 0
alex...rev a does not allow this. voice traffic is handled on 1x, data on evdo, and the two cannot be done simultaneously.
8. (unregistered) posted on 26 Apr 2008, 14:57 0 0
Rev. A this! Rev. A that! Who cares?! We're still way behind compared to Korea and Japan! Stupid Americans!
9. (unregistered) posted on 27 Apr 2008, 17:27 0 0
well....americans had tech before the koreans and the japanese...i have one word for you 8....hiroshima...lol...
10. (unregistered) posted on 27 Apr 2008, 17:29 0 0
We all know the Chinese invented everything first!
12. (unregistered) posted on 10 May 2008, 00:23 0 0
Yeah Alltel is quick to bring out rev-a phones, cards and other things but have a rev-0 network so it is all useless