Alleged press image drafts for the Google Nexus tablet emerge, to sport Android 4.1
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2012, 04:47 posted on
We were just sent a couple of computer screen pictures claimed to show press image drafts for the upcoming Google Nexus tablet, made by Asus. As a reminder, Google is heavily rumored to unveil a 7" Tegra 3 slate with an updated version of Android, that it might sell directly in the $200-$250 range, expanding the Nexus concept to tablet devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
On the front looks like a bigger version of SGS3.
I'm a bit dissapointed by the external look. I was looking forward on buying this tablet. Lets wait for the official launch and see how it acctually will look like. Even though a Tegra3 device sub $250 is quite good!
2. cGmC11 (Posts: 131; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
The front it's like the Galaxy Note!... But very credible renders.
6. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Yay, if it wasn't for the Asus logo on the back i would definiety say its another Samsung leaked upcoming device
20. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
i agree, I first thought I was looking at a Galaxy Note render. I wonder if that headpiece is just a speaker or what.
3. adi4u4882 (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
If its less than 200 bucks iam gonna get one for sure.
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
The bezel... for landscape. Too thin bezel for a tablet? Looks note-ish... anyway for that price I'm always in --- throw in GSM bands.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
bob, is this one of your renders? is this a silly joke?
thats just an SGS2/SGS3 pic widened out. Looks like an older HTC on the back.
Show me the 9/10 inch version for 300 and we can start talking.
10. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i would not make a big sgs3. if I did, it would be this:
11. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
and how dare you say I widen stuff. lol. I start from scratch. I never widen any old devices. haha. and I just entered college so, busy busy busy.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ive been living in college. tell me about it. i cant wait for december graduation.
14. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
just entered first year. very very tiring, still adjusting.
weird thing, but tech actually relaxes me. gives me sweet sweet energy.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ha, why do u think im on this site between rounds of cramming? :) Medicine is fun in practice but boring as hell to learn. Ya cant do it all in one shot. ya got to take a mental break every so often or u forget it all.
7. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
oh oh...it's the GS3. Boy, is Samsung going to be pissed?!? Apple saying: "Karma is a bitch."
8. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the last lawsuit I would want to see is one between Android OEMs. please no...
16. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm so glad about the rumors that jelly bean will just be a 4.1. I love android 4.0. It looks and performs great. All it needs is minor updates. A big update would be too quick. Have there been any rumors as to what updates/features 4.1 will include?
17. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Tablets generally have a same-sized bezel all the way round. Phones always have a thicker bezel on the top and bottom for the mic and home button/capacitive keys. Look at the Galaxy Tab for example and compare it to the Galaxy Note. The Note is clearly a phone because of the thicker top and bottom bezel, unlike the Tab which is the same thickness all way round.
19. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I hope that it has 4.1 instead of 5.0.
21. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Front view of Nexus tab is fake! The front is obviously a Galaxy note, just photoshopped to make the phone look wider and bigger, remove the buttons and the samsung logo.