Alleged iPhone 5C specs sheet points to a 4-inch, dual-core device with 1GB RAM, iOS 7 and Siri support
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 10:02 posted on
While still just as unsanctioned as any prior leaks, we finally get our hands on something a bit more specific: specs.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androidTaker (unregistered)
Another iCrap..Now Apple copying Nokia's line of products...No innovation..
68. ottje (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
i love this article "So why now? Because Apple is getting trounced globally and a lot of people can’t afford their products. It’s brilliant marketing. The average consumer usually can’t tell the difference between different iPhone versions. So repackaging older specs in a newer body is the perfect way to keep costs down, while giving the consumer the feeling that they are buying something new. This is pretty much a bait and switch and no one in a carrier store is gonna catch it.
My question to iFans out there is what’s your response now? Let’s say the the iPhone 5C does well. Does that mean that Apple had to lower themselves to the Android level of products or that Android manufacturers were actually onto something when they made their products more affordable and therefore broadening their consumer base. Either way, this is just the latest example of the purest definition of hypocrisy to come out of Apple."
69. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Next you'll be saying that Mercedes are hyprocrits for releasing a cheaper car.
70. ludegmo (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Actually this is not the first time they realese a cheaper variant. Look at the whole ipod line
76. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Haha... another last year's iPhone.
Landfills across America will be busy.
78. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yep. Gotta upgrade those low end android phones to this one. Landfills will be full of gingerbread devices :( RIP.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3213; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The only lack of innovation I see is the usual tirade of troll comments from Apple haters. They aren't forcing you to buy the 5C and it's certainly not being marketed towards you.
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3742; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This is just an Apple iPhone 4 with plastic colors. Real innovation here.
28. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so bigger screen and a bigger processor is innovation?..
33. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3742; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No that's not innovation, but how about a new design, instead of the same rehash from 2010?
Let me guess.....
iOS 7's blatant copy of Android is innovation right?
Anyways what up gallitoking? Long time no speak, how are you & your family doing?
80. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung has done minor changes ther last 3 years ansdd has released countless device in same shape differerent sizes and because is Android (Samsung) is ok....
iOS 7 is not a blatant copy of Android because Android also got the idea from somewhere else as well..
SAE dude.. everything is fine . i live in the Golden State California... and the family is doing great hope you doing the same as well.
81. iampayne (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Android blatant copy of iOS was innovation s/
34. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1549; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Bigger is better, color...not so much. Also I believe the word you were looking for is "faster" processor, not bigger.
35. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No. Bigger screen and a faster processor doesn't count as an innovation. Innovation refers to a new method, idea, product etc. For instance, a chinese manufacturer Oppo made a cameraphone called Oppo N1, the Oppo N1 has a rear touch panel, which counts as an innovation.
77. stealthd (Posts: 911; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
So it's innovative when Oppo takes a feature from the PS Vita and puts it in a phone? LOL
47. parvsingh05 (Posts: 97; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
What do u want den., low cost iphone should wash your undergarments or wana use it as a massager ?!
48. sniper1087 (Posts: 331; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Err iphone 4 is a single core processor, so no more like an iphone 5 in every sense, and yes it might be plastic but since is all about branding, like it or not, it will sell if priced correctly, we still have to wait and see.
21. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The only ridiculous thing I see is the buttload of troll comments from a butthurt Apple fanboy called Mxyzptlk. You have forgotten about your troll comments you posted on many articles? So, you can bash other manufacturers and we can't bash Apple? What kind of stupid logic is that?And now you said that they're posting troll comments? You're one of the worst troll I've seen in PhoneArena.
Butthurt much? I can make it even better, Apple iPhone 5C is a fail crap. There, no need to thank me. Have a nice butthurt day! Don't forget to take your butthurt 25 cents from Apple!
23. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How does it make you feel knowing that this "fail crap" will sell millions. The sales record will even beat a lot of the high end models from other Android manufacturers. I see this phone beating sales of HTC One, Sony Experia Z, etc. Please share with us your thoughts. TY.
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
We advise you to not take this "fail crap" thing too seriously. xperiaDROID is just reminding Mxyzptlk that he is trolling, so he have no rights to accuse people posting troll comments.
Hope this reply explains it.
For further assistance, please find us at PhoneArena.com.
56. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3213; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Aka, he's being immature and trying to cover his tracks.
26. buccob (Posts: 1303; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Sales does not make me feel anything... maybe it even cheers me up because that pushes Android manufacturers to work harder and truly innovate... or sell at a lower price to compete...
Either way MY money is going to be traded for worthy tech... not a basically iPhone 5 but made of plastic.
31. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1549; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well said, I was thinking the same thing. Seriously if it takes Apple getting billions of sales on this and we get something amazing from Android plus lower prices, I am 100% for that.
57. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3213; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Someone's cranky. You act like Apple executives to a huge leak in your bowl of kiddie puffs or something. Why don't you calm down and be reasonable.
82. iampayne (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Whats the point of bashing at all is the real question. At the end of the day who really cares...
79. donfem (Posts: 515; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
But, you and your favorite idroollers have consistently bashed Sammy for same reasons.. Jokers you all are
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and it will be the same as next years. and i think NOKIA should sue Apple for copying its colors
16. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Can you show us Nokia's patents regarding colors on a mobile device? We'll patiently wait for your response broseph.
27. buccob (Posts: 1303; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
"We" are you Apple's attorney or something?
Just in case you lack a bit of common sense, Inspector was being sarcastic... referencing the way Apple patents stupid things like a rectangle phone.
32. Kurai (unregistered)
Don't forget that apple has a rounded corner patent which is ridiculous . . .
22. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 616; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
It just some colors buddy. They're just trying to keep the trend of colorful phone (doesn't look impressive in my eyes though)
and specs look great (great to run iOS smoothly). Its look like iPhone 5 in colorful glossy shell.
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3237; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
hey apple, people like innovations not just simple phone, u guys let down Steve Jobs....!!!
44. imkyle (Posts: 969; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I myself love Android but now you are just being a troll. -____-
49. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
just thumbs up for apple's lag free w/o new innovation, I think apple is way ahead of others that's why they cant push any further, haha! ALWAYS REMEMBER, ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE!!! have them all! haha
72. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
it has 2011 android flagship specs, apple is starting to catch up.
75. Penny (Posts: 1091; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
"Nokia's line of products...No innovation."
See, that's just trolling. Zero credibility. 0. None.
86. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
What is phonearena.com without another Apple witchhunt.
Would someone please EDUCATE androidTaker that the iMac came out in 1998, which is about 15-years ago. Apple launched the iMac with various bright colors.
Apple with the 5C is returning to its roots, not copying Nokia -- more lie Nokia took a page from Apple's playbook.
96. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
exactly how are they copying Nokia? my only assumption is that you are referring to hving color options, which Apple has been doing diff. color options since original iPod days.
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
This will sell lots this upcoming holidays if priced right. Good luck Apple.
20. dorianb (Posts: 347; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Priced right for Apple's iSh*** or the sane? Either way.... yeah, it'll sell.
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 2503; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Would anyone trade their iPhone 5 for these? Maybe for the budget minded iPhone 4 or 4s users.
83. iampayne (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
This product is clearly going to be focused on people/carriers who don't have a iPhone already or want a lower off contract iPhone, Virgin Mobile Cricket etc.
3. Suo.Eno (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
for the love of... not with the same 1440mAh batt I hope (for iPhone fans' sake I mean)? Or maybe there'll be an iPad Mini 6" surprise up their sleeve?
4. androidTaker (unregistered)
16gb $399 32gb $499 Unlocked
6. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
I can see Apple working but releasing this device. Since the iPhone is the prefered phone of choice for so many nowadays this will make the phone more liked and used by teenage girls. little kids and fashion savy women. Fashion wise Apple is now making their phone an accessory and no longer a device.
7. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I know this point has been hammered home but, Apple is/has become a company who just rehashes things and adding some circus colors is not going to help them in the innovation department. I have an iPhone 4s it's okay it does what I need but there is nothing special or like oh 'wow' about it except it has a pretty good camera. I wanted to get the 5C but now it looks like a glorified plastic iPhone 5 in baby colors that don't really lend themselves to anything but a teen, pre-teen, and girl crowd. It's all just so safe and that's a shame because there was a point when Apple was actually kind of exciting...
8. pradeepreddy (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
This madness(iSH*T stories) has to stop,
what will be the next article, SCREWS using in Next iPhone...
9. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I think it would have been smarter to keep the iPhone 5 design as the cheaper model and the 5s should have all the latest bells and wistles that include upgrades too...
- Screen Size / resolution
- Fingerprint reader
- New Software features.
... By keeping the iPhone 5 in production they could have lowered the cost by not having to retool their manufaturing plant for the iPhone 5C and also appeased a lot of fans with the beefed up iPhone 5s. Especially if they included a larger screen.
61. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3742; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well Apple should look to you for decision making because you made VERY sound points.
I mean you are no rocket scientist that I know of, yet you make VALID points.
Apple you need to look at davecann2 as your next CEO. Tim Cook is dropping the ball.
67. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Thanks SAE... You would think my points would be obvious to Apple. I guess they rather learn by making mistakes.
14. jiyeon (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
106g is quite impressive, but I would rather have a much higher capacity battery in the 5S. Also, I seriously hope that it'll have 2GB of ram. I hate reloading apps and webpages.
37. kamejoko (Posts: 106; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
with low res of screen, and not real multitasking that's mean doesn't more ram. But if same price and select 1GB or 2GB. Which one you like?. ^^. isheeep.
40. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You mad i have an S4?
41. bucky (Posts: 1287; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I just sold my s4. It's not worth half the price it sells for
43. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
My home button broke 3 weeks after I got it. Too lazy to get a replacement since I don't want to get a replacement with a newer bootloader where i can't install a recovery.