Alleged iPhone 5 front panel sized up with the iPhone 4S on video
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 01:53 posted on
Besides the alleged changes in resolution and screen aspect ratio that this front panel will bring, it seems that the front-facing camera might be placed in the middle, like on the iPad, if this ends up being the real deal, and not just chucked prototype parts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
more like design for JERK!!!
20. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
If it's designed for sheep then...baaahhhhh
I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on the new iPhone. I'm really hoping they bring over the saturation from the new iPad. I downloaded the movie "Hugo" in 1080p and my God, I've never seen a more gorgeous picture.
Still, I'm less concerned with the phone and more interested in the change in iOS. Hardware is great, but I want a bit more from the software side of things.
22. KingShango (Posts: 89; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Agreed. Pretty hardware is nothing without great software. Also looking farward to the new iOS.
28. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i like that its going to have the 4in screen but i kind of want to see it maybe 3mm wider. i have huge hands and sometimes an iphone just feels a bit too small. im sure the new design will be great. im crossing my fingers for a smaller charging port and an hdmi out. i highly doubt ill get it but if apple wants to keep people interested theyll need to add more additions and features. id also like to see a high mp camera, maybe 12?
51. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8553; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Higher mega pixels doesn't mean a better camera I hope you know.
2. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
ahahaha iphone is s*** like if you agree
26. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Brick? Not more than the other 4 Inch plus phones that are out there now.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5616; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
woah, i don't think i like this longer aspect ratio. not increasing the width of the display is really going to take from the advantage of having a larger display, it pretty much mean the keyboard in portrait orientation is going to be roughly the same size as before.
5. KParks23 (Posts: 452; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I agree it just looks weird.. I'm gonna say it's fake apple is not that dumb
18. andro. (Posts: 1957; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
it looks quite ugly and out of shape,if this is indeed what the iphone 5 looks like then it'll add further proof to the notion that apple has lost its way since the 3gs days
27. dax0330 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Apple now jumps into the bandwagon of widescreen displays due to pressure from android phones
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Lets be honest you won't like the iphone no matter what it looks like.
25. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well, Steve Jobs isn't there anymore, so maybe things will change.
6. ChargeusMoreplease (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
hold on... let me show my excitment WOOOOWWWW !!!!
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5616; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's just a face plate, the only thing this reveals is that the next iPhone won't stray too far from Apple's design philosophy but that doesn't mean it'll be similar enough to elicit a remark like that.
9. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
Why didn't they increase the width a little wider as well? It now looks unusually long. :/
13. FoneAddict (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I agree, it looks too thin and elongated. Spec wise this looks more iPhone 4.5S rather than iPhone 5. Disappointed
11. guruprasad (Posts: 27; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
its not only about increasing the screen size but also the price...increase 100$ than the current 4s with same old specs of the 4s.....apple is just fooling their fans and making profit....
14. darklover (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
hahahahaha Rofl What a beautiful design. Inspired by Brick :D
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
50 bucks says Apple will copy Samsung's smart stay feature..
21. imgod (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
They'll invent that feature:P
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3024; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That was the thing i loved about HTC phones like the EVO and Thunderbolt. Both had large 4.3 displays but they were wider and better to type and view websites on. Look at the Droid X compared to the Thunderbolt. Same screen size but Thunderbolt was psychically shorter and wider. I miss those days!
17. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
yeah, it is true that when you compare the display to that of the current iPhone then it will feel a little weird but the main reason for that weirdness is not that the new iphone will have a very long display it is just because the current iPhone has a very shorter display when compared to the new panel, but i am sure that when you keep it with other phones that have even larger displays then i am sure that the new screen panel would look normal,
and by the way Samsung Galaxy S, HTC One X, Sony Xperia S, Lg Nitro HD and other phones also have a 16:9 aspect ratio with an even larger screen but that does not feel awkward so guys chill as it is not gonna affect it at all
19. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Possibly a fake. Apple rumored to have redesigned the home button So one leak is contradicting the other. it's going to be a long summer with these "leaks".
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Funny...the music seemed larger than the screen size. Not that i liked it!! :P
24. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Ugly if dont have 720p display crunched in 4 inch!
29. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Hope this isn't the new iPhone front glass. That would be very disappointing and just confirm that my next upgrade will be the SIII. I think Apple is smarter/better than that though so we will see. I'm going to say it is fake
32. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Quite a few trolls here as usual and PA doing nothing about it
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
its sad for them really that they have nothing better to do. I just get annoyed when I get a warning and they let people troll all day.
Im not your bro
35. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1549; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
So if someone has any negative opinion on Apple, they're trolling? Just because people don't bleed Apple doesn't mean they don't get to have an opinion on it. You and Galito always say you can state yout opinions but no one else can? That's pretty f*****g hypocritical. And expecting PA to get rid of them? This is what they want. Flamebait is there for the purpose of page views. Everyone's opinions count, not just one side of them.
36. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
7. bobfreking55 posted on 8 hours ago 16 7
designed for sheep
37. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
2. 09wbd03516 posted on 9 hours ago 15 14
ahahaha iphone is s*** like if you agree
38. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
3. hateftotti posted on 9 hours ago 9 5
What a big brick as I see:))
39. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
6. ChargeusMoreplease posted on 8 hours ago 1 3
hold on... let me show my excitment WOOOOWWWW !!!!
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So did you miss all the troll comments I posted for you? Who's the hypocrite when you pretend like there's no anti Apple troll posts on every article? You have no problem with trolling unless it's anti android.
PA gives warnings to some users and completely ignores the constant trolling of others.
41. ilia1986 (unregistered)
So... any person who expresses his disgust and hatred about Apple and\or it's products is considered a troll?
Go on - Sniggly should join this conversation soon and win in this intellectual debate as always, anyway. :D
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
if you have disgust and hatred for a tech company then you have some deep seated issues
48. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Nope.. In fact I think that anyone who is aware of what Apple is, what it does, what it's products can do, and what it's products could do if Apple didn't choose to limit them, should have a little bit of hatred and disgust for it.
49. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're ignorant to the fact why they limit stuff. For example multitasking is limited to preserve battery life. It's a trade off. Not everyone will like it so they have other choices.
50. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The reason matters not. If you were to buy a car - and find out that you can only turn the radio from 2PM to 6 PM - would you really care about reasoning? Wouldn't you be freaking mad at the company which made the car?
42. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1549; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I'm not saying there isn't anti apple posts. But you seem to think that it's ok when you do it. That's the definition of a hypocrite. When you have gotten infractions, I seem to recall you getting personal and ridiculing them. Attacking a company or an OS is one thing, ridiculing people is another. Asking for someone to be banned for their opinion is wrong, unless they go after someone because of their race, religion, sexual preferrence or political beliefs. And some of the comments you posted from others are wrong in that they're inciting arguments that bring nothing to the table for a discussion on the issues. But does that mean you have to do the same. All that ends up happening is it spirals out of control into name calling.
What do you guys think a casual phone user who comes on here to read up on news thinks when they see this stuff? To me it reminds me of what I see when I watch my nieces & nephews. If you want to be taken seriously, make a serious post, otherwise anything you maybe trying to convey gets lost. The way things are now, you have to wade through post after post of crap to find anything worth taking away. And I know this kinda stuff isn't only on here. You even see this on a strictly android or apple site. But it's getting really old. It's almost like being in grade school and watching the hecklers spout off while someone's trying to give a report.
The worst is anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who cannot see anything good in the other's comments or OS of choice and bashes them simply because they like something different. I can see the benefits for some people to go with Apple, but it's not for me. Just the same as an Apple user may see the benefits of android, but it's not for them. Should either of us begrudge someone using what works for them, no. But apparently we'd be in the minority on here.
As far as your last remark, you do the same, but are still here. You may have been warned at times, but you have to admit, you're no better than the people you rail against. I would feel less sorry for you if you'd just take the high road or try politely to change someone's mind. But with comments like android is copied or it's a mess, do you really think that those comments will do anything but make the people your arguing with do anything but attack right back? Try being more civil with them. Some may be civil back, some may not. If they're not, ignore them. They will look more foolish trying to attack someone who is nothing but curteous and receptive to others opinions or ideas. Try it.
43. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1608; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Agreed it is sad and i'm sure they get warnings as well but don't act for a second that you have never trolled on PA yourself since all the hatred directed at you is the direct cause of it.
44. networkdood (Posts: 6273; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, another nominal upgrade to a boring phone and OS. Maybe APPLE will allow its users to download ringtones and notification tones....maybe not.
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
wow another troll comment ...
You can get tones on iphone
47. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
aww~ taco is crying~ BWAHAHAHAHA